(4) P. O. V

J E R E M I A H

Wednesday

7:50 pm

Pressing on the gas, I find myself caught behind two random people. Ameila looks back at me for a split second as flips me off. She sticks her tongue on in victory, not paying attention she steers into the corner.

I take that as the opportunity to move around the others. Someone helps her and she speeds back in the race. Our cars neck in neck. Its a slight turn on seeing her so competitive. She seems extremely comfortable as if she's in her element. I didn't expect her to be so excited about go karting but she jumped for joy. Apparently its was a hobby of hers as a child.

We're on the last round, almost close to the finish line. I swerve close to her, bumping into her slightly. Ameila gives me a determined expression, slowing down a bit which caught me off guard. I guess she knew it would so she swindles her way around me making it across the checkered line.

"Damn", I'd be lying if I said a nigga didn't feel a little defeated.

She turns around cheesing. Taking off her helmet, she kicks out the kart confidently and hands it to the employee. I do the same, "that was intense"

"Yea you fried my ass"

She shrugs, "I got a little experience under my belt"

"Gir- niggas when one time and think they the shit", I joke and she playfully pushes my shoulder.

She flips her hair over her shoulder, "it ain't thinking if you know". I like that she's confident. She never waited on a compliment or expected one from what I picked up. She would let you know that is that girl and I admired that. I found it to be attractive.

I lift my hands up in surrender, "I can't knock it"

We walked back to the car, she seats next to me waiting on the move. "You hungry?"

"Can we get some dessert", she says and I look at her a little odd. "So you skipping dinner?"

"I had some pasta at work earlier so I'm not starving. I'm in the mood for something sweet though"

I laugh, "I mean a nigga right here"

She stares at me with a straight face before cracking up. "Was I supposed to be impressed?"

"I think you are but ain't gone admit that"

She giggles and turns her attention against the window. I knew an ice cream shop that wasn't too far so I thought i'll take her there. She seems to like experiences so I wanted to actually go inside instead of a drive-thru.