(2) Memories

I M A N I

    Friday

    10:00 am

  "Bitch i'm nervous. You know I don't mess with these folks for real. Like why did we even have to book the same flight?", I rant to Kennedy has I pack the last of my belongings. I squeezed in a bottle of lotion before closing my bag completely and tossing it with the other suitcase.

   Kennedy follows me around the house as I turn off lights and lock doors. Unplugging random things that i'm not using or won't be using for the next week or so. "I think it'll be fun, especially because some people we haven't seen in years", she responds and I nod in somewhat of an agreement. I mostly have plans on doing my own things , this might sound bad but Mariah hooked us up with a discount. I don't how she did it but i'll be using it to my full advantage.

   "I guess, you know i've never messed with Destiny and all them though. They act like they can't handle they liquor and you not finna embarrass me",  I grab my bags and we roll them outside. Joseph offered to take us to the airport since he wanted to see me beforehand.

   "For real they got different laws and shit", Kennedy laughs and I smirk before hopping in the passenger seat.

   "Y'all ready", he asks and I nod. "They got wifi and shit in Jamaica?"

    "We're staying at a resort, you act like we finna be in the middle of nowhere", I reply at his dramatics. It's one thing to be concerned but I felt like he was laying it on thick. "You know I don't answer my phone anyways", I remind him and he sucks his teeth.

I lived my life on do not disturb.

  Especially when it came to people I didn't want to be bothered with. The only people I rushed to pick up the phone for is immediate family. Unless I have some time on my hands, I rarely chop it up on the phone. I rather you just come see me in person.

    "Okay Imani, just wanna make sure you good"

I pat his shoulder, "I appreciate that", I kiss his cheek to ease his nerves. I knew what the real issue was but I wasn't going to address it with Kennedy in the car. I didn't want him to think I was putting on a show for my friend because that's nowhere near the case. "Aww", Kennedy coos from the backseat and I instantly pull away. Stuff like that just turns me all the way off from the gesture, I don't know how to explain it. One of the reasons why I don't do PDA, I find that to be annoying.

    Shortly, we pull up at the airport. Joseph hops out to take our suitcases out the trunk. Once he finishes, he walks up to me with his lip poked out. I meet him halfway, sharing a brief kiss before we part ways. "Text me when you land", he smacks my behind and I mush his head.

   "Will do"

    "Y'all be safe", Kennedy and I wave at him before making our way inside. We maneuver through the crowd of people, standing in the line so our bags can be checked. As I went through the detector, I saw our classmates from high school sitting with their luggage. They locked eyes with me and smiles appear on their faces and a look of shock from no other than Kofi. I feel my cheeks warming up and I avert my eyes back on the task at hand. Grabbing my luggages, I follow behind Kennedy as grabs a seat next to Mariah and Destiny. I sit at the end between Kennedy and Luca who's staring a whole in my face.