(2) Lessons

I sigh, looking at the laptop as if the paper would finish typing itself. Becoming overwhelmed by the second, I close it all together, stuffing it in my book bag. I've been in the Library for three hours, so far there's progress but I'm drained. I don't even have the energy to look at my phone. "You look dead", I hear from behind me. I roll my eyes, seeing Cameron's tall stature hovering over me. "I'm not in the mood", I spat, picking up my back pack and heading to the exit. I can hear him hot on my heels.

"It was nice to finally see you smile for once last weekend", he comments as we get to the parking lot. I stop in front of my car, leaning against the door. "You have a nice smile you know?", he smirks and I simply stare at him.

"I'm well aware, Cameron", I cross my arms over my chest.

There hasn't been much interaction between us since last Friday. Granted there wasn't much beforehand so it's nothing out of the ordinary. He would just randomly find days that he would pick with me, today being one of them apparently. "Why not show it more often", he flashes a smile at me. I looked away to keep from folding in front of him. Cameron is attractive.

The way he carries himself. He stands out compared to his peers around him. One of the few men on campus that has a regular cut fade, he always keeps his waves nice. His style wasn't modern, he has more of a nineties swag to him. Which I found it to be intriguing since that was far from the norm now. Everything is either too tight, pants in the water or both. There's never an in between. "You just never see it", I shrug and his grin becomes wider.

   He comes closer to me, his face dangerously close to mine. "Nope uh uh", I lightly push him away from me.

"What?", Cameron plays dumb. That smirk still sitting on his face. "On some real shit though, I was coming to see if you would mind coming by the house tonight?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "And why the hell would you feel comfortable asking me that"

"Trust me, I know but one of my homies is fucking with yo' friend", he mentions casually and my eyes bug out.

   "Who?"

   "Nigga, Miracle"

I know nothing. "What does this have to do with me"

"You want your homegirl coming to a frat house alone?"

"Fair point", I don't understand why she hasn't mentioned it though. On top of that it's a school night. I have an eight a.m. in the morning so staying out all night isn't part of the plan. "How many of y'all is it?"

"Twelve of us and that's just one house. It's more in the other"

I roll my eyes. "Don't come in my shit with all that attitude though.", he gives me a straight face. I was a little taken aback by the tone. "Alright, get away from my car", I shoo him away and he puts his hands up in surrender. I open the door getting in the driver's seat, I look out the window to see him walking away with his hands stuck in his pockets.

I drive back to my building on campus. I walk inside my dorm, seeing Jasmine in the midst of reading. I notice Miracle in the kitchen, fixing herself some food. Both of their eyes land on me as I close the door, "So when were you gonna mention who you're talking to?", I question, directing my attention to Miracle. She looks at me with a shy smile, "What?"

"Cameron just asked me to come to his house because you got invited. So like is this gone turned into a kickback or something?"

She sighs, putting down her pizza rolls. "I mean I told Rome that I would invite y'all. I guess he told everyone else"