XXI

Waynes hand carefully moved around Paige. It was moving slowly showing her that he wasn't trying to take control only hitting a button.

"Promise I'm not taking over Doll." He said as his other hand ran gently along her side.

"I know Geordie." Just as she said the words she could hear music begin to pour out of the speakers in the bike. "Oh my god."

"Lovely isn't it?" He could see her left hand begin to tap along to the music. "Just don't let it distract you too much." She leaned back into him.

"Wayne...." She could hear his chuckle echo in her helmet.

"Sorry Doll." He squeezed her side. They were less than thirty minutes from the arena and she was enjoying to bit of driving he was letting her do. "You wanna ride it out go ahead Doll. I honestly don't care. I was only giving you shit."

"You sure?" His helmet lightly tapped hers.

"I'm sure Doll." His arm moved around her midsection hugging her gently. "You're the only person that could ever get me to do it." As they stopped at a light she leaned back into him as his feet went down. "You good."

"I'm absolutely...." Her head turned and that's when she could see Toni and Juice in the car next to them. "Oh my god."

"What?" He tried to stop her as she flicked off their car but she won the battle. "What the fuck are you...."

"Paige you're a bitch!" Waynes head snapped towards Toni. "You told me you were back home!" The light changed before Paige could answer.

"Relax. That's just Toni." She said as she leaned back into him when they continued on.

"Just bloody warn me next time Doll. Had me thinkin' I was gonna have to kick some ass." She laughed at his words.

"No Geordie. It's just always something we've done when we wind up next to each other on the road. We typically drive together but I wanted to surprise them all today." He chuckled.

"Think your surprise might be ruined Doll." She laughed as she shook her head.

"No it's not.... She more than likely expected me. But for me to bring you...." Before Paige could finish Wayne had his arms around her. As her hands were quickly pulled away from the handlebars he leaned them and the bike towards the ground. The impact from a car that ran a light threw them from the bike. The entire time she stayed in his arms as they skidded down the road. They rolled banging against the pavement multiple times. Finally everything stopped as his back hit the curb.

Neither moved. All Paige could hear was Wayne's labored breathing as they laid there. Toni and Juice who had seen them entire thing came running up along with others. Paige was carefully released before Waynes head fell back into the pavement.

"Paige?!" The brunette reached out towards her friend trying to stand up. "No fucking way." Paige pulled her helmet off before she sat up.

"I'm bloody fine Toni...." She had a few scuffs on her jacket and a rip in her jeans but other than that she looked fine. "He's not." Wayne shakily pulled his cracked helmet off. It hit the concrete bouncing a few times before his head fell back. He was wheezing trying to catch his breath.

"How do yous fucking do that everyday?" He groaned before Juice laughed getting what he was saying.

"You get used to body's slamming into you after awhile." The other man said as Wayne took a deep but shaky breath in.

"Don't you...." All three of them said it in unison as Paige stopped him from sitting up.

"No fucking way." Even though her hand was barely touching his chest to him it felt like she was crushing him. Her hand instantly retreated as a cry of pain escaped his lips. For the first time since she had met him, he showed weakness. As Paige looked over at Toni to ask her a question she could see fire trucks arriving.

~•~~•~~•~~•~
Paige looked over at Wayne. He was sitting in the corner of her dressing room in a large chair. She was grateful of the fact that everything about her appearance was kept a secret so she had the room to be able to keep him in.

"I know I shouldn't be in here but I need to know...." Toni said as she walked in. Paige had walked away from the accident without a scratch while Wayne had been much worse. Though he had been checked out by the EMT's he had refused to go to the hospital.

"He's being fucking stubborn." His middle finger extended towards Paige as a groan escaped his lips.

"It's just my fucking ribs. I'm fine." They both looked over at him. His jeans were ripped up to his thigh on the left side his leg bandaged beneath, his arms had bandages all along them and he had a cut above his eye glued shut. They had both seen his back and chest when he was being looked at. It already had started to turn a nasty shade of purple joining the road rash that was scattered along his body.

"We're taking him to the hospital after." Toni said under her breath to Paige who nodded.

"Oh he already knows. He's pissy because of it." He rolled his eyes at her words. "I swear to god Wayne..." His eyes met hers. He knew she was mad but the hospital was the last place he wanted to be. He tried to cross his arms over his chest but stopped a hiss of pain slipping out.

"Paige what in the fuck am I hearing about you being in a...?" Britt walked in the room trailing off as she looked at the state of Wayne. She had overheard Tony Kahn talking about Paige being in a motorcycle crash and had all but demanded that her boss tell her where her best friend was.

"I'm perfectly alright Britt." Britt looked over at Paige, she could tell the other woman was making sure her words were the truth.

"She is. It's him that's the idiot." Wayne's middle finger extended towards Toni. "You don't scare me. I could flick you and you'd be on the ground." She said as she saw him glaring at her.

"Wayne...." Paige warned as she saw his look. He looked over at her sighing as he leaned even more into the chair. "You're going to the bloody hospital and you're going to stop being pissy. You're the idiot that refused to go making it even worse."

"I'm fucking fine." She threw a roll of tape at him. When it hit his leg he groaned loudly. "Bitch...."

"What was that?" Her eyes met his and their look matched the others. Toni and Britt exchanged a glance both of them chuckling under their breaths. Paige wouldn't give in to his look and it told them both one thing. She was in charge of him no matter what he thought.

"Oh he's a bloody teddy bear isn't he Paige." His glare went back to Toni.

"Wayne...." Paige once again warned him before a huff came out of his lips. His head fell back into the cushions as his eyesight went to the ceiling.

"Okay so how in the fuck are you okay when he's like that?" Britt asked. Wayne chuckled the three women looking at him as he answered.

"How do you think?"