LIV

"Hand...." Wayne said as he opened the car door. Paige reached out but her hand quickly retreated. "Doll.... We're going to be late." He said softly as he stepped in front of her. Their eyes met and he could see the terror in her eyes. Instantly she was wrapped in a hug. "Deep breath Paige. Everything's going to be alright." He had been trying to get her into the building for nearly twenty minutes and every time her emotions took over.

"What if it's not Wayne?" She said as her face buried into his shoulder.

"Then we deal with it Paige but nothings going to be wrong. We get to see the little.... Little one and all your worries are going to go away." He could feel her arms wrap around his neck before tightening. "Deep breaths Doll." She pulled away after a few moments and their eyes met.

"Okay. I'm ready...." He didn't even hesitate. Her seatbelt was undone before she was gently pulled from the car. Just as she went to get back in he caught her hand.

"Nope. We've gotta get this over with Doll. No going back now." He said as he shut the door. "Paige...." He started as he got her to carefully start walking towards the door of the doctors office. "No matter what happens I'm going to be with you the entire way. It could have twenty fingers and five toes and I'd still love it and you no matter what."

"Would you stop calling the baby, it, Geordie...." He chuckled as his head shook.

"Not until we know what it is." He could see her eyes roll causing him to laugh even more. "I love you Paige. Just know that. No matter what I will always love you and the little ones." As he went to open the door he could feel her lips press again his jaw.

"I love you all too." He gave her a gentle squeeze before his hand slipped to her lower back getting her to walk through the door. Nearly twenty minutes later they were escorted into a room. Once they were alone Paige looked at Wayne. "If your bloody foot keeps tapping I will cut it off." He bit back a laugh at her idle threat.

"Sorry Doll." He said as he took her hand and gently kissed the back of it.

"You're going soft, Geordie." She commented earning the laugh she got from him.

"I've been soft thanks to yous." He replied before they heard the door open. A doctor walked in, explaining all that would happen before an ultrasound was one. As Paige went through the tests Wayne's hand remained in hers giving her a gentle squeeze here and there. He could tell as the time went on she was getting more and more nervous. "Breathe Doll." He said in between one of the tests. Their eyes met and he immediately shut up. He knew her hatred of needles and the amount she was getting poked with was enough to make her never want to come back. The glare he had received was one of a kind and made him want to hide from her.

"Alright...." The doctor began nearly an hour after they had started running the tests. "It's time for the fun part and what I'm sure you both have been waiting for...." They could both see the ultrasound machine be wheeled into position. "Contrary to what everyone believes the gel will actually feel warm going on. I apologize if in the beginning I'm a bit quiet but I'm just going to grab a few pictures then I'll explain everything." They nodded before the gel was spread along Paige's stomach.

For the first time she could feel Wayne's hand shaking in hers. Just as she looked over at him the ultrasound wand was placed to her stomach. Their eyes met just as they could hear a quick heartbeat. As her eyes lit up she could see something else in his. Tears formed in his eyes threatening to fall and when one did her hand slipped from his to wipe it away.

"Always the scary looking ones that cry." The doctors comment caused him to chuckle before his head fell. Paige could see his hand go up presumably wiping away more tears before he looked back up at her.

"You sure you're not the pregnant one?" She joked causing his eyes to roll.

"No.... Now bug off and look at the screen." Her head turned before she could see what he had been looking at. This time he was the one wiping tears from her cheek. "Yeah.... Not the pregnant one." He commented earning the slap he got that made the doctor stop and laugh.

"I'm sorry.... I probably shouldn't laugh at that but that caught me off guard." Wayne chuckled.

"He might look scary but he's not in the slightest.... As you can tell." Paige replied getting a laugh from the both of them.

"Only because you've put me in my place." Her eyes met his for a moment before she got a quick smile from him.

"Alright let me switch machines quickly so we can count fingers and toes and see everything a bit better." Her eyes all but lit up at the doctors words. "Since you're slightly behind on the scans which is truly not a big deal seeing as how healthy you and your baby are we use both machines in the beginning just to get a full baseline but from here you'll have the level two ultrasound and be able to see everything a bit better than the black and white old school scanner."

"Thats bloody wonderful." Paige replied as a smile appeared along her lips. The doctor switched machines before they could see a better image of the unborn child on the screen. Tears filled her eyes once more as she got a look at the baby's face.

"Everything is looking perfect so far we have.... Five.... Ten fingers and.... Ten little toes.... We also have a little one who wants to be difficult but let me see if I can work my magic.... If I do.... Would you both like to know the gender?" Paige's eyes met Wayne's, he motioned that it was her choice before she quickly spoke.

"Bloody hell yes."