XXIV

"Geordie...." Wayne looked up from his phone at Paige's words a slight smile along his lips. As she moved closer to him, he tucked his phone into his pocket. When she leaned into him his arm wrapped around her loosely.

"Alright Doll?" He asked quietly before she nodded. "Just wanted a cuddle?" Once again she nodded. A light chuckle escaped his lips before they discreetly moved to press along her jaw. "Good thing I'm here then init?"

"Honestly think I'd have lost my bloody mind by now if you weren't here." Once again his lips were along her jaw as he chuckled. "Mums coming back here shortly." He pulled away his eyes on hers. "I'd like you to meet her."

"Parents don't tend to like me Doll." He commented before she laughed.

"You haven't met my mum Geordie. She's going to love you. She's cracked like me. Plus she knows about everything with the accident and basically said if you'd do that for me she's got no issues with you in the slightest." He chuckled.

"It's no question that I'd do that for you Doll. Last thing I want to see is you hurt especially if I can prevent it." She discreetly pulled him down to her height before her lips pressed to his. When she pulled away he could see the cheeky grin along her lips. "Don't you even say it...."

"I'm changing you...." She said before their attention moved to Toni who was excitedly yelling as she hugged another woman. That's when Paige saw who it was. Almost instantly she was out of Waynes arms running towards her mothers. He simply chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled away from the wall hiding the groan that wanted to escape his lips. He slowly walked towards the three women who were excitedly catching up. The second Paige knew that Wayne was behind her she gently leaned into him. When she noticed her mum looking at who was behind her, she spoke carefully. "Mum this is my boyfriend Wayne. Wayne this is my mum Deb."

Toni eyes Paige at the word boyfriend. This was the first time she had introduced him as her boyfriend in front of her. She knew the value of those words to Paige. The brunette rolled her eyes at the look she was getting from the blonde before she was gently moved to the side by her mother. Wayne was gently pulled into a hug by the other woman to the surprise of all of them. His eyes met Paige's and both she and Toni could see that he was internally freaking out.

"Thank you." The older woman said to only him as she pulled away. He nodded in understanding before she took a step back. "It's lovely to finally meet you." Paige lightly hit his side as she heard him chuckle. He groaned before her mother swatted her hand away from him.

"It's nice to finally meet you as well." He said stopping the older woman from scolding her daughter. "Hit me in the hip next time would you." He said under his breath as Paige leaned into him once more. She could hear him release a breath a quiet groan coming with it.

"So I won't keep yous here for long because I know it's a busy weekend but seeing as this is the only day yous will be able to I wanted to get yous over for a roast." Paige couldn't help but laugh as she heard both Toni and Wayne groan at the words. All three of them had been dreaming about a roast dinner since they had started packing. "I'll take their responses as a yes so I'll see yous at half past five. Toni make sure you bring your husband along and Paige if anyone else would like to join you know the doors always open."

~•~~•~~•~~•~
"So where did you grow up Wayne?" Paige watched Wayne as she heard the words slip from her mothers mouth. He chuckled under his breath knowing the older woman had spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out his mangled accent.

"I was born in South Shields. Lived there until I was about five and then we moved to Germany. From there we bounced around England then wound up in Canada and from there went down to Florida and have been between there and Georgia since." Wayne could see Toni, Juice and Deb looking at him but he didn't care. A little bit of feeling uncomfortable was worth it.

"Why did you move around so much?" The older woman questioned. He knew that Paige hadn't mentioned his past to her mother other than he rode around on motorcycles. He could feel her fingertips gently squeeze his thigh as he answered.

"Me mam did different fundraising jobs everywhere so we'd raise funds in one place and move onto the next. Wasn't the best way to grow up but I got to see a lot." Wayne could feel Paige's fingertips soothingly run along his thigh as he spoke. His eyes met hers for a moment before they went back to the conversation.

~•~~•~~•~~•~
"Alright I need to ask...." Toni started the second they were in the car. She was leaning up between the front seats looking directly at Paige. Wayne chuckled before carefully moving her out of the way.

"If anyone is asking that question it's me." He knew exactly where she was leading as it was the question he had been meaning to ask her since the previous night. They all could see Paige turning red but instead of answering she opted to shift the car into gear and get them back to their hotel as soon as possible.

The second the pair was within their hotel room Wayne stopped Paige from quickly disappearing into the bathroom.

"You know I figured it was implied with what was said awhile back. I just never knew when to bring it up. You know me. I'm more than comfortable calling you Doll or Paige but it's nice to be able to define exactly what we are...." She stopped his words by pressing her lips against his. His lips trailed along her jaw before he spoke. "Honestly still bloody shocked you even want me as your boyfriend." Paige's response to Waynes words was simple.

"Wayne I would be bloody mental if I didn't want to call you my boyfriend."