LI

"Sooooo.... How was your week off?" Saraya questioned Paige as they sat down for breakfast. Paige couldn't help the smile along her lips.

"Was bloody perfect. Honestly was everything I needed." She said just as Toni and Mariah May sat down at the table.

"Oh she had to have gotten fucked." Mariah commented. Paige couldn't help her smirk.

"The soundproof walls were lovely." Toni choked on her coffee at the comment. "She commented on it." Paige said when she noticed Toni's slight glare.

"Yeah but I didn't need your comment at eight in the morning Paige." A laugh came from her before she took a sip of her coffee. "So what did yous do besides fuck?" Toni questioned.

"Well we took the little one to the beach for the first time. Did a bunch of sightseeing which I didn't even think was possible there. Signed the paperwork to become Riley's mum. He took me to a concert to celebrate our anniversary. Had a lovely little picnic in the park. And for the rest of it we just chilled and enjoyed our time." She said before taking another long drink as her words sunk it.

"Wait.... Say that all again. I missed it." Ruby said as she sat down. Paige did before they all just about stopped.

"Did you just say...?" Toni trailed off as she spoke. A smile appeared along Paige's lips as she nodded. "So it's official?" Another nod.

"I've officially adopted Riley." There was a bright smile along her lips as the words were said. None of them could contain their excitement for her. She was all but smashed into a hug by each of them.

"Tell me they didn't get married behind our backs." Anna said as she looked at them all excitedly hugging Paige.

"I've adopted Riley, Lovely. Weddings still to come when we figure it all out." They all looked at her for a moment. "Yous have no bloody idea how complicated it is with his citizenship." She could see the confusion cross their faces. "Honestly have probably got a better chance at getting American citizenship through work than him."

"Oh you're telling them about me aren't you." Wayne commented as he saw all of them looking at Paige. His lips pressed to her jaw as she nodded with a laugh. "Mums British, fuckhead fathers American. Was born in England, got all the paperwork done to get both my American and British citizenship but somewhere along the way in the fucking countless moves my mum lost the British side of it. Went and tried to get it all figured out and was basically told that I was fucked because where the records were kept and apparently the hospital I was born at both burnt down so they don't have a copy of anything.... Since I haven't lived in England enough I'm basically shit out of luck if I want that citizenship unless I go and live there for a few years. That is unless I can magically find the paperwork that was probably used to start a bonfire at some point. But somehow in all of this when we were talking with a lawyer I was told that my citizenship here is shotty at best because mum never put who my dad was on my original birth certificate because he dipped and she was pissed so we're working through all the bullshit."

"So basically what you're saying is a wedding isn't in the cards for a long fucking while." Ruby said getting a nod from them both before everyone else nodded.

"Pretty much I've got to prove that my fuckwit of a father is my father when there's absolutely no way that he would do any sort of dna test. Only thing I've got working for me is how long I've been in the states." He commented as he felt Paige tug on his shirt lightly to get his attention.

"Riley driving your mum nuts yet?" He chuckled at her words as his head shook.

"Not yet but give it a few hours and I'm sure it'll change." He said as he moved to sit next to her. Almost instantly she was leaning into him.

"Wait, wait, wait.... You just had a week off with the three of you and now you've pawned the little one off?" Paige smirked as she nodded at Saraya's words. "You lucky fucks." They both chuckled before Paige could feel Wayne gently squeeze her thigh. "So are we still betting on her getting pregnant because I'd like to change my bet." Toni couldn't help but laugh as she shook her head.

"No changing. Everyone's already locked in." Wayne chuckled and was almost instantly elbowed.

"Doll.... I'm laughing at the fact that they're idiots. Not that they're betting on us." When her eyes rolled his eyebrows pushed together. "Why are you...?" Before he could finish she got up from her seat and pulled away from him. "Paige...." They were all staring at them confused at Paige's sudden attitude change.

"I'm getting more coffee." She snapped before leaving the table. As every last pair of eyes flicked to Wayne he looked around at them.

"Don't fucking look at me. I barely speak little girl let alone fucking woman. She's not been acting right but won't even remotely tell me why. Then this. I don't know what to bloody tell yous." His words were low enough so prying ears wouldn't hear but they all could. As the women exchanged a glance he spoke again. "I've been trying to figure out what's going on for the past week it's why I pawned the little one off. Thought she'd talk if we were alone but still nothing."

"We'll talk to her." He nodded at Ruby's words as the rest of the women agreed with her. Wayne's next words were quiet as he saw Paige approaching.

"Thank yous.... I just.... I'm baffled to be honest. Never been this way with her, she always talks with me...." Toni discreetly squeezed his arm before Paige came back to the table. She sat down and immediately went back into leaning into Wayne. "Love you." He said quietly. Paige's lips quickly pressed to Wayne's jaw before she responded.

"Love you too Geordie."