August 24th, 2022

What happens after *insert sentence here*

    They looked on at the darkening skies and heard the distant rumble of thunder. Jade said, "Thank goodness. We really need this rain."

    "Yes. Although I'd appreciate it if you would finally let me have a turn with the umbrella. I'm practically soaked to no return,"

    "Oh!" Jade exclaimed, handing the umbrella over to Madilynn, "Sorry, I got a bit carried away,"

    "It's quite alright,"

    The two girls sat on the hill, taking in the view. The misty grays steadily growing darker as the rain heavied and the night progressed. After all that had happened that day, a nice calming look at the sky was greatly needed.

    "By the way, I apologize for the way I acted back there. I would agree now that it was rather selfish of me," Madilynn said, holding the umbrella under both her and Jade.

    "It's fine dude, I know you didn't mean it,"

    "...I thought apologizing would make me feel better, but I still feel an intense amount of guilt-"

    "Hey! I said its fine!" Jade exclaimed, quickly standing up, "Clearly being out here isn't helping your worry, so why don't we save all of this for another time,"

    Jade quickly extended out a hand to Madilynn, gesturing that she should get up too.