November 11th, 2022

book :))

"Are you the magical hero we summoned to help us save our land?" Said the girl in the middle.

Normal people in a situation like this would most likely respond no and help the obviously orphaned children find the hero, but fortunately I like to partake in a little bit of tomfoolery.

"Uh..yes."

"Really?" Said the girl on the right with a startlingly strong southern accent.

"Yeah, yeah sure whatever. I am."

Suddenly, all three kids dropped down on to their knees before me, still lifting their heads up with their disgusting facial expressions.

"We have summoned you in the hopes that you will save us from the evil rat king. Will you do so magical hero?" Pleaded all three kids in unison.

Now I'd have to admit, I was indeed a tad bit freaked out, but then I thought of a plan. If I could get these kids to believe I was their hero, I could get them to do whatever I want!

"Do not worry small humans!" I said in my best heroic voice, "I will indeed help you on your journey!"

"Oh yes oh yes oh yes!" The girl in the middle said, still somehow holding her hands to her face. "What is our first task?"

"Oh, ummm...I don't know. Take your hands off your face I suppose."

She obliged, immediately ripping her hands off her cheeks. "What is our next task?"

I thought for a while on what I wanted to get these idiotic kids to do. Turns out that thinking of ways to emotionally torment children is a lot tougher than it looks.

"Ummm....you! Country girl."

"Yeah?"

"Go defeat the rat king yourself!"

"What?" The middle girl yelped, putting her hands right back on her face, "We called you for a reason y'a know!"

"I am aware. I need little country over there cause she...uhh...is the chosen one!"

The little girl's eyes lit up with pure joy, "I am!?!"

"Yes you are! Now go kill that rat king!"

"I WILL KILL THE RAT KING!!!!"

And as quickly as I got here, she ran off.