September 23rd, 2022

pet.

    "Hey Jim, do you know why Mr. Kessard is at our front door?" I asked, blissfully unaware of the chaos that was about to behold before me.

    "Mr. Kessard? Isn't he fictional or something?"

    "Well yeah, but he's at our front door."

    "I don't know, just answer it and see what he wants!"

    I took Jim's words and went to answer the door. When I opened, Mr Nadard Kessard was in fact standing right in front of me.

    "Uhhh...hello..?"

    "Hello. I am here to inspect your shelter." He said in a horribly fake French accent.

    "Yeah that's wonderful and all, but I thought you were a food critic? Why are you here?" Jim chimed in.

    "I am a food critic. I'm here to inspect your shelter."

    I stared at him in blank confusion, mainly because I was pretty sure he is a fictional character, but I wasn't sure why he was going to expect the shelter in the first place. Unlike me, Jim had figured out his real motivations.

    "Are you here to eat the animals?"

    "Oui. I got a call from a so called 'Mr. Snuggles' saying that there was a wonderful animal cuisine here."

    "Mr. Snuggles..." I thought about the familiar name before its origins finally hit me. "Jim, did you leave the guinea pigs out of their cages?"

    "Oh shoot I did."

    Jim quickly ran to the back room to close the cages, but turned around before he could even get there.

    "Y'know what? Just eat them. They are insane."