1.

हाँ ये बातें ज़रूरी हैं, पास तुम हो कैसी दूर है
कहाँ हो तुम ये कहानी अधूरी है
ये कैसी धुन मेरे लम्हों को छुई हैं,

मेरे दिल का फ़साना है
तुमसे मिलने का बहाना है
कहाँ हो तुम मंज़िलों का इशारा है
ना कोई शक है ना कोई इरादा है

——— ≪ °✾° ≫ ———

-Note-

You may find the lead and supporting characters slightly..uhm different at start, but they all have character developments eventually.

"Meera, where do you wander off?" Mihika asked, snapping her fingers in front of me

"Meera, where do you wander off?" Mihika asked, snapping her fingers in front of me. Huh? I zoned out again. My mind keeps drifting back to the special surgery I've been assigned. It's complex, and I won't proceed until I'm sure the chances of survival outweigh the risks.

"Sorry," I mumbled to Mihi, my best friend. We met during our first year of residency and have been inseparable since. We're now sitting in a cute cafeteria near our hospital. She holds her Boba coffee while I sip my Choco chip frappe. Please don't judge me for drinking Choco chip Frappe. I know I'm a weirdo.

"Meera, my love, trust me, the surgery will go well, don't overthink!" Mihika assured, understanding my dilemma. "I hope so too," I replied, and we both left the café, heading back to the hospital. I had surgeries to perform.

Quickly donning my scrubs and completing the necessary procedures, I entered the operation theatre. There, lying before me, was my patient, a 5-year-old girl under anesthesia. She suffered from a critical case of liver dysfunction, and the chances of complications were alarmingly high. With a prayer in my heart, I began the surgery, determined to do everything in my power to give her a fighting chance.

After hours of intense focus, the surgery was finally over, and it was a success. The meticulous procedure of clearing the abnormal blockage in her liver went smoothly, with no complications. The best part came next – informing the family about the positive outcome. Witnessing the smiles on their faces and the joy in their eyes made all the effort worthwhile. It's moments like these that give my life purpose and meaning.

As I stepped out of the operation theatre, a sense of relief washed over me. I couldn't wait to share the good news with the little girl's grandparents. They were waiting anxiously outside, their faces etched with worry. With a gentle smile, I approached them, my heart brimming with joy.

"Congratulations! The surgery was successful," I said, trying to hide my own tears of happiness.

The grandmother's eyes lit up with tears of gratitude, and she hugged me tightly. "Thank you, Doctor! You've given our little angel a second chance at life," she said, her voice quivering with emotion.