9.

थोड़ा सा कमीना, थोड़ा बेचारा है
इश्क भूत सही पर ये
भूत बड़ा ही प्यारा है..
ओफ्फो, इसे इसे डांट के भगाऊँ
ओफ्फो, या या सीने से लगाऊँ
सर पे बिठाऊँ या, थप्पड़ लगाऊँ
ओफ्फो.. ....

"Namaste," Ranasa greeted as he walked toward us

"Namaste," Ranasa greeted as he walked toward us. With grace, he bent to seek blessings from Vaidehi and Nidhi aunties, a respectful gesture that spoke volumes about his upbringing. Then, he approached Mumma, and just as he was about to touch her feet, she swiftly stopped him in his tracks.

"You are family now, beta!" she declared with a warm smile, pulling him into a side hug. Ranasa had a barely visible, emotionless expression as he nodded in acknowledgment.

He came to stand beside me, and not a single word was exchanged between us. The air felt charged with unspoken anticipation.

"Now that he is here, you both go and pick out the engagement rings of your choice. We'll get some shopping done until then," Vaidehi Maa suggested, and we both nodded in agreement.

"Bhai-sa, you should have seen Bhabhi wearing that lehenga! She looked like an angel," Vaahi exclaimed, making my cheeks flush. Oh my God.

Ranasa nodded in acknowledgment, "of course" he muttered. Was that sarcasm? I will kill this grumpy monkey one day. We made our way off the floor, heading towards the jewelry store. As we approached the door, he graciously stepped aside, letting me enter first. I gave a small nod, mumbling a thank you. Inside the store, the owner stood up with great respect.

"Rana-sa, please, welcome!" he greeted with delight, ushering us to sit near the display counter. It was a well-practiced routine, from offering refreshments to ensuring our comfort. The entire store was empty, creating a serene and private atmosphere.

"Select the rings," Ranasa said, his gaze intensifying as he looked at me. I tried not to let his intense gaze distract me, but it was proving to be a challenge. Kya select the rings?

"Ranasa, I'm supposed to select the ring that you'll be wearing, and you need to choose one for me," I whispered softly, almost like a secret between us. He seemed slightly frustrated, but he nodded in understanding.