33.

तेरी मेरी मेरी तेरी प्रेम कहानी है मुश्किल
दो लफ़्ज़ों में ये बयां न हो पाए
एक लड़का एक लड़की की ये कहानी है नायी
दो लफ़्ज़ों में ये बयां न हो पाए

तेरी मेरी मेरी तेरी प्रेम कहानी है मुश्किलदो लफ़्ज़ों में ये बयां न हो पाएएक लड़का एक लड़की की ये कहानी है नायीदो लफ़्ज़ों में ये बयां न हो पाए

I woke up to the sound of the room's doorbell incessantly ringing. Where am I, again? Blinking my eyes several times, the events from last night flooded back into my memory. Damnit.

It was all too real. Everything had happened. It wasn't just a terrible nightmare. How could he? I never wanted to become a burden to him. I suppose it all makes sense now. I'm merely an unnecessary responsibility in his life, an unwelcome weight on his shoulders.

I fumbled around for my phone, which displayed around twenty missed calls from Ruhaan, three from Rudra, and a handful from my parents. Oh, it must be papa at the door.

I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am to have mumma and papa in my life. The strength and unwavering support they provide are all I need to keep pushing forward. It's the one thing that's holding me together.

I reluctantly got out of bed, still clad in the heavy gown from yesterday's event, and opened the door, only to recoil in surprise.

I opened the door to find Ruhaan standing there, in a disheveled state that I'd never seen before. His eyes were swollen, and his hair was a tangled mess. He was still wearing the same messy white shirt and black pants from last night.

For a moment, a wave of concern washed over me. He looked so shattered, so unlike the Ruhaan I'd known. But then, I remembered last night's events and the emotions I'd suppressed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice cold and resistant.

Ruhaan swallowed hard and stammered, "Meera, I... I need to talk to you. Please, just hear me out."

"No, I can't handle this right now," I stated firmly, resolute to shut the door and wait for Papa to arrive.

"Meera, please. Just one chance," he pleaded, sincerity evident in his eyes. Ugh, I hate myself. How is it that I still love him, and I can't seem to hate him even after what he said.

I folded my arms and leaned against the door frame, maintaining a careful distance between us. "Talk. But make it quick."

Ruhaan took a deep breath and began, his words heavy with remorse. "Meera, I can't begin to explain how sorry I am for what happened last night. It was a terrible mistake, and I—"

I cut him off with a bitter laugh. "A mistake, Ruhaan? A terrible mistake is when you spill coffee on someone's shirt. What you did was far worse than that."

He winced at my words, and I could see the desperation in his eyes. "I know I messed up, Meera. I know I hurt you, and I hate myself for it. But I promise you, it won't happen again. I'll do whatever it takes to make things right."