8.

सोंह तेरी मैं क़सम यही खाऊँगा

कित्ते वादेया नू मैं निभाऊँगा

तुझे हर वारी अपना बनाऊँगा

मैं तेरा बन जाऊँगा

मैं तेरा बन जाऊँगा

︽︾︽︾︽︾︽︾

After the Rajvansh family left, a wave of emotions crashed over me

After the Rajvansh family left, a wave of emotions crashed over me. I hurried to my room, my heart racing, and locked the door. 'Abh dar sa lag raha hai.'  It was the moment when it all started feeling very real. We were flying to Udaipur the day after tomorrow. It's all still so sudden.

I collapsed onto my bed, exhaustion and turmoil filling me. Sleep slowly wrapped its arms around me, offering solace from the storm inside.

The next morning, I awoke with a mix of determination. I knew what I had to do, resign from my current hospital and embrace a new beginning at Sanjeevani Hospital in Udaipur. But thoughts of Mihika clouded my mind - my dear friend who would be shattered by my departure. While Deepanshi would adjust to a new doctor, Mihika's hurt would be hard to bear.

I got dressed, but my usual morning hunger was absent. I felt like a stranger in my own skin. Avoiding facing my parents and Priyal, I left for the hospital directly. The idea of confronting them scared me. It was as if I believed that by staying away, I could shield myself from the pain of goodbyes.

The truth was, I was struggling to cope. This was my way of dealing with the ache in my heart, even though I knew deep down it wasn't the healthiest approach.

I arrived at the hospital, my steps heavy with a mix of determination and unease. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent a text to my mom: "I've reached the hospital. Something important came up." I knew deep down that she could see right through my flimsy excuse. She always saw through my attempts to hide my emotions. Despite that, I was at a loss about what else to say or do in that moment.

As I walked through the familiar corridors, memories flooded back, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia. Taking a deep breath, I headed to Dr. Mehta's office, my resignation letter clutched tightly in my hand.

Dr. Mehta looked up from her desk as I entered. "Dr. Meera, good morning. What brings you here so early?" She inquired, his brows slightly furrowed.

"Good morning, Dr. Mehta. I... I have something important to discuss," I stammered, suddenly feeling a bit nervous.