42.

तेरा मेरा रिश्ता है कैसा
इक पल दूर गँवारा नहीं
तेरे लिये हर रोज़ है जीते
तुझ को दिया मेरा वक़्त सभी
कोई लम्हा मेरा न हो तेरे बिना
हर साँस पे नाम तेरा

क्यूँकि तुम ही हो, अब तुम ही हो
ज़िन्दगी अब तुम ही हो

Recap: Meera and Kushaal found themselves kidnapped, and the surprisingly Suraj Raghuvanshi was behind their abduction

*Warning: Contains themes of violence and abuse.

"Meera, honestly, I didn't plan on kidnapping the young prince," Suraj said, playing with his silver watch.

I glared at him, annoyance building within me. "Cut the crap. What will you gain after kidnapping us?" I asked with determination.

"Rumor has it that Ruhaan Singh Rajvansh now has a big weakness." He was wrong in his assumptions. I wasn't Ruhaan's weakness; I was his strength. I know that.

"I have dreamed of destroying Ruhaan, just like I did when he was young... Are you aware?" Suraj asked, moving closer to me and touching my dupatta. I feel uncomfortable. I need Ruhaan.

"You are still a coward," I retorted with anger in my voice. "First, you tortured a young and innocent child for your own vengeance. And now, you have us tied up. In reality, you are powerless and too afraid to fight fair."

Suraj's face contorted with rage as he clenched his fists, but I held my ground, refusing to be intimidated by his cowardly actions.

Suraj's frustration erupted, and he threw a harsh punch directly at my face. Right next to my nose. Owww. Okay that was harsh!

The impact was intense, and I felt the searing pain instantly. Blood started to trickle from my nose, staining my clothes. 

I winced in agony, my head spinning from the force of the blow. But even in that moment of excruciating pain, I refused to bow down or show fear. 

Kushaal's frantic shouts echoed in the dimly lit room. "Bhabhi-ma! Fuck!"

He struggled against his restraints, but the ropes were tightly bound, making it almost impossible for him to break free. I, too, was tied to a chair, but my restraints allowed me a bit more mobility towards my waist.

With my head still pounding from the punch, I managed to speak through the pain. "Kushaal, calm down! I'm okay," I reassured him, although the truth was far from that. Blood trickled down my face, and I attempted to wipe it away using the fabric covering my collarbone.

"No! This bastard!" Kushaal screamed again. 

"Shut it, boy, I really have no reason to keep you alive." Suraj yelled in frustration, and a few more of his men appeared behind him.