44.

(Firstly, I want to apologize for the emotional rollercoaster I put you through in the last chapter. I had trembling hands as I attempted to write it.)

तेरा मेरा रिश्ता है कैसा
एक पल दूर गवारा नहीं
तेरे लिए हर रोज़ हैं जीते
तुझ को दिया मेरा वक़्त सभी
कोई लम्हा मेरा ना हो तेरे बिना
हर सांस पे नाम तेरा....
क्यूंकि तुम ही हो
अब तुम ही हो

"Ruhaan, you need to go home, beta

"Ruhaan, you need to go home, beta. Look at yourself," Myrah Maa said softly as she caressed my hair lovingly, but my eyes remained fixed on Meera. She lay in front of me, still lifeless.

We had her shifted to Sanjeevani Hospital in Udaipur yesterday via Private jet to ensure she received better medical care.

"Myrah Maa, I'll go in a while," I muttered while holding Meera's hands in mine. They were warmer now. I had been cradling them with mine for hours. Meera despised feeling cold, and I wouldn't let her get cold; I'd keep her warm.

"Ruhaan, please, you haven't eaten in two days," Maa insisted, her eyes filled with tears.

"How can I eat until she wakes up? Who will serve me that extra portion of food, Maa?" I said, making her look at me with teary eyes. She hugged me softly, but I still didn't let go of Meera's hand.

I watched as Myrah Maa slowly pulled away from the embrace and stood up, her eyes still brimming with tears. She looked at me with deep concern and love, her hand resting on my cheek.

"Ruhaan, take care of yourself. I'll be back soon, okay? You need to eat and rest. Meera would want you to be strong," she said gently.

I nodded, my throat too tight for words. Myrah Maa leaned down and kissed my forehead before walking towards the door. She paused for a moment, looking back at me with a sad smile.

"We'll all be waiting for her to wake up, Ruhaan. And she will, I believe in that," she said before exiting the room.

She has to wake up.