25.

मेहरबानी नहीं तुम्हारा प्यार माँगा है

 तुम्हें मंज़ूर है तभी तो यार माँगा है

 गैरों के डर से तेरे शहर से 

है कसम रिश्ता तोडूं ना

तेरा रास्ता मैं छोडूं ना

"Ruhaan, I will whack you with that pillow!" I exclaimed, my annoyance apparent as I pointed my finger at the man standing before me

"Meera, aap humari baat toh suniye..." he began again, trying to explain himself. Apparently, this man in front of me was involved in underground boxing fights. Can you believe it? (Meera, listen to me..)

"It's not that dangerous, very good for health and releasing anger," he said nonchalantly, as if that made it all okay. He has returned home at 11 pm with his knuckles all battered and bruised.

I couldn't take it anymore. I hurled the pillow at his face in frustration. "You can get seriously hurt!" I yelled, and he gave me a puzzled look, holding his face in his hands, surprised. "Please shant ho jaiye Meera, hum maafi mang rahe hai na!" he pleaded, looking at me with puppy eyes.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you. Wait, I'll go tell maa about this!" I said, shaking my head in exasperation, and decided to storm out of the room.

"Wait!" he exclaimed, seizing my arms and drawing me closer to him, causing me to collide with his chest. His touch sent a delightful shiver down my spine. His grip on my arm was firm but not enough to cause any pain. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll never go there again," he earnestly vowed, and when I peered into his eyes, I could see the sincerity in his gaze.

"Alright, but I want you to know, Mr. Rajvansh, if I ever catch wind of you engaging in fisticuffs with strangers again, the first person I'll inform will be Rajmata," I cautioned, my determination shining through. He nodded in agreement, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Not that I didn't appreciate his charming dimples, but this was a moment for me to act scary! Aur yeh smile kar rahe hai!

With gentle guidance, I led him to the washroom. Honestly, he's too tall for me to administer first aid comfortably. I had to crouch to retrieve the first aid kit from under the counter and place it near the sink. He even had a tiny bruise on his face!

"Could you please bend down a bit?" I inquired, but he shook his head, instead picking me up as if I were a Barbie doll and setting me down on the counter. Seriously, what are these muscles made of? I want some of those.

"Uh, thank you," I mumbled with a blush before retrieving the cotton from the first aid box.

I couldn't help but feel a bit flustered as I began tending to his injuries. The atmosphere in the small washroom seemed to buzz with an unusual intensity.