45.

The Last Chapter.

I cried so much, saying bye to Ruhaan and Meera is immensely tough.

Well I hope you enjoy it <3

जीने लगा हूँ, पहले से ज़्यादा
पहले से ज़्यादा, तुम पे मरने लगा हूँ

मैं, मेरा दिल, और तुम हो यहाँ
फिर क्यूँ हो पलकें झुकाए वहाँ?
तुमसा हसीं पहले देखा नहीं
तुम इससे पहले थे जाने कहाँ
जीने लगा हूँ...

****

THIRD PERSON POV

Meera, you will not move from this room," Ruhaan barked, his arms crossed defiantly.

"YOU, MR. CHIDCHIDA RAJVANSH! YOU CAN'T KEEP ME LOCKED HERE FOREVER!" Meera retorted, her frustration evident. She felt like she was living under the reign of a dictator.

It had been over a week since she returned home from the hospital, but Ruhaan had taken on the role Hitler.

Ruhaan's constant barrage of commands, like "Don't drink that, Meera, have this aloe juice instead" and "Are you stupid? You aren't allowed to walk!" left her questioning her sanity.

Who had come up with these rules, anyway? Surely the devil himself.

"Maaa," she called out, now crying and tired of Ruhaan acting like her 4th-grade math teacher.

Ruhaan's eyes widened in shock at seeing her cry, and just then, Vaidehi Rajvansh entered the couple's room with a worried frown. "Kya hua beta?" She asked with concern.

"Yeh pareshan kar rahe hai mujhe. Maggi bhi nahi khane dete, normal paani bhi nahi peene dete. Aloe vera ka pani kaun peeta hai?" Meera said, sobbing while Ruhaan rushed to her, now cradling her in his arms like a baby.

"Sorry, Humari Jaan, I was just doing that so you would recover soon," he said. Ruhaan had been trying to help her recover quickly, so he asked Vikram to create a diet chart for her health.

Meera huffed and smacked his face in frustration, leaving him in a state of shock.

"Did she just hit me?" Ruhaan muttered under his breath holding his left cheek.

"Mujhe aapke saath rehna hai, iss Khadoos ladoo ke saath nahi," she said, sobbing and looking at Maa. Maa looked back at her with understanding and loving eyes.

Ruhaan seemed shocked. Khadoos Ladoo? Him?

"Par drug addict toh yeh hai na? Mere pe blame kyu?" Ruhaan fought back, now frustrated.

"Mujhe drug addict bula rahe hai, khud aap kya hai? Mere aane se pehle khud aap alcohol peete the na! Aur main drug addict marzi se thodi bani, doctors ne itna painkillers or antibiotics diye. Maa dekhiye ye mere ko kese bol rahe hai!" Meera whined again, crying softly.

Ruhaan closed his eyes in frustration. He hadn't touched alcohol ever since the day of his coronation when he found out his future wife hated it. He sobered up, not that it was an addiction anyway.

"Ruhaan, meri bachi ko kyun pareshan kar rahe ho?" Vaidehi Rajvansh sternly asked, pinning Ruhaan with a glare. Ruhaan's face was washed with disbelief.

"Aapke apne bete ko abhi isne mooh pe mara par koi farak nahi hai aapko?" He asked, making Maa shake her head.

"Bacho jaise harkat mat karo, Ruhaan. Niklo yaha se tum, let Meera calm down," Maa said, kicking Ruhaan out of his very own bedroom.