21.

अगर तुम साथ हो
दिल, दिल संभल जाए
अगर तुम साथ हो
हर ग़म फिसल जाए
अगर तुम साथ हो
दिन ये निकल जाए
🫀

अगर तुम साथ होदिल, दिल संभल जाएअगर तुम साथ हो हर ग़म फिसल जाएअगर तुम साथ हो दिन ये निकल जाए🫀

My period cramps are way better today, way better than yesterday. Rana-sa cuddled with me all night, soothing my abdomen whenever I winced from pain. He even fed me chocolates at 3 am and hugged me until I drifted back to sleep. He's always so quiet, but that's just him—he's an incredible listener. I can ramble on for hours, and he'll sit there, taking in every little detail I mention.

Also you know, Badi dadi-sa isn't as intimidating as she may seem. Hear me out, alright? Sure, she has a way with words that can be a tad rough, and her facial expressions could give you a fright, but deep down, she's just fiercely protective of her family. She's sweet and caring, and I genuinely admire her because she never minces her words.

Yes I'm upset about how she reacted initially, her lack of consideration for my health was rather irrational of her, but I guess everyone deserves a second chance.

"Meera!" Vaidehi maa called me, and I made my way inside. I had to leave for the hospital soon myself. "Ji maa," I replied as I took a seat next to her on the couch.

"This is a big favor to ask, I know," she began, "but Rajmata, Baba-sa, and I need to rush to Jaipur immediately. There's some issue with our family-funded orphanage there. Nidhi and Advay are also in Mumbai as you know. Could you please take a leave from the hospital and stay at home to look after Badi dadi-sa and those little rascals?"

I considered for a moment. "It's alright, Maa. I'll arrange to transfer my cases to another doctor for today. You guys should go and sort out the problem," I assured her, and she offered me a grateful smile.

I stepped out of the room to check on Kushaal, who had been unusually quiet lately, especially around me. He rarely left his room, and I couldn't help but worry about him. 

After knocking twice, I cautiously entered his room, only to find him sitting on the floor with his back against the bed frame, headphones on, and tears streaming down his face. What could be bothering him so much that he felt the need to hide it?

I approached him slowly and sat down beside him on the floor. Duck the period cramps, they can cry later! He looked startled, attempting to wipe away his tears, but I shook my head, silently urging him not to conceal his emotions. I rested my head on his shoulder, wondering why this boy was so incredibly tall.