14.

तेरे संग बीते हर लम्हें पे हमको नाज़ है
तेरे संग जो न बीते उसपे ऐतराज़ है
इस क़दर हम दोनों का मिलना एक राज़ है
हुआ अमीर, दिल ग़रीब
तुझे चाहूँ बेतहाशा ज़हनसीब...

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"It's eight in the morning," I mused as I walked to the dining area

"It's eight in the morning," I mused as I walked to the dining area. "Mumma, what's for breakfast?" I asked, settling into my seat. "Princess, I made fruit custard, just the way you like it, and a blueberry smoothie!" She said with excitement, which brought a grin to my face. I was in Mumbai for my pag phera, and today, I was supposed to go back to Udaipur.

Before I could reply, my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I picked it up and muttered a hesitant, "Hello?" The other side remained silent. I repeated my words, growing slightly impatient, "Hello? Who is this?"

Finally, a gruff voice responded, "Your husband."

Husband? I don't have a hus- oh wait. I do. Rana-sa.

"Ji?" I replied, both amused and curious about why he was calling me. How did he even get my number?

"Hum bahar wait kar rahe hai," he stated, his voice sounding slightly annoyed and groggy. What was he doing here in Mumbai? (I'm waiting outside.)

"Aap Mumbai mein kya kar rahe hai?" (What are you doing in Mumbai?) I questioned, utterly lost. His response carried a hint of warmth, "Aap ko ghar lejane." (I'm here to take you back home.)

"Please come inside, have breakfast," I insisted, but he initially declined.

"Please, Mumma and Papa ko acha lagega," I persisted, and he muttered an okay. Finally, for once, he agreed.

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang, and Priyal, who happened to be walking past it, opened the door. "Uh, hi Jiju," she greeted, clearly perplexed by his presence. Rana-sa walked in, wearing his Armani blazer, looking exceptionally handsome. His hair was slightly curly and free, giving him a casually charming appearance. He exchanged a small, awkward smile with Priyal before spotting me. I gave him a soft smile, and he responded with an acknowledging nod. Alright then.

"Ruhaan, come, have a seat, beta," Mumma said as she walked towards him. He took her blessings and settled on the couch.

"How are you?" Mumma asked him.

"Much better," he replied, his gaze briefly shifting to me. Everything about this man remained a mystery, and I couldn't help but wish I could understand what he was thinking.

"Ruhaan, have breakfast with us," Papa insisted, walking toward him. Ruhaan nodded, standing up and taking Papa's blessing. Everyone began moving towards the dining table.