Kita Shinsuke | Pillow

—

Kita Shinsuke
Your boyfriend likes to lay his head on your chest!
Proofread - 1422 words
She/Her pronouns used - Reader has "lovely breasts" (his words not mine)
Warnings : No genuine smut, just talk of boobies and being naked hehehe

It was about time for Y/N to get ready for bed, so she began the unnecessarily long process with her nightly routine. A shower to make sure she felt fresh and clean, especially after a long day of work at the hospital and then coming home to help Shinsuke work on the farm. It was very much needed. Afterwards she'd change into a comfy set of pajamas, which was typically a loose tank top with some old volleyball shorts that she stole from her boyfriend. Say what you will, but they were comfortable.

Sometimes she'd wash her face with some skincare product she found online or just at the local pharmacy whenever she was restocking necessities such as tums or those little bottles of ibuprofen, but more often than not she forgot about its existence and it ended up taking up all the space in the bathroom. Unless she was in a very organized mood she usually just acted like she would do it later and then never actually did it later. Tonight was one of those nights. She was exhausted and ready for bed, so it would have to wait.

It was ironic considering that Y/N, one of the most unorganized people you would ever meet, was in a relationship with Kita Shinsuke of all people, and it was as healthy as could be. Sure, he was constantly trying to help her get back on track with all sorts of scheduling techniques, but he started to get used to the fact that she just couldn't adapt to that sort of lifestyle and went along with it. He kept her in line when it was important, and she helped him loosen up every now and then. A healthy balance— Honestly... The fact that he was in a relationship to begin with was proof of that!

Y/N lazily meandered into their shared bedroom where she saw the aforementioned man sitting on his side of the bed, which reflected their personalities well. They shared blankets and yet his side looked to be made neatly and her side looked as if she rolled out of bed that morning and never bothered to make it look nice. Because that's exactly what happened! He had his back pressed against the headboard and his legs laid out in front of him with a book in his hands. He was more than halfway through and he seemed 100% invested.

His lover groaned and practically just collapsed onto the bed, rolling over onto her back and staring up at the ceiling with zero thoughts flowing through her mind. She felt exhausted, the way you felt after going a month without properly working out and then running a marathon without warning up at all. "Hngh!" She grunted as a form of communication, and oddly enough Shinsuke seemed to understand.

"Tired?" He muttered out absentmindedly while his eyes continued to scan over the words on the page of his book. Y/N only nodded weakly, and a little dramatically if I may add. He finally looked over to her and made a frowning face that somehow said 'this just won't do'.

"What?" She rolled over onto her side to face him, propping herself up on one elbow with her cheek resting in her palm. She knew something was wrong because that was the face he made when... something was wrong.

"Take off yer shirt." His tone was blunt and demanding, as usual. Even then the familiarity of his voice did not help prepare her for the words that left his mouth in the slightest. No doubt if she had been drinking water she would have spit it out all over him, because what on earth?!

"Um... Don't you think it's a little late for that, Shinsuke? I'm real tired, don't have enough stamina—" She was cut off by a deadpan expression that spoke a million words in itself.

"Not that, what's wrong with you?" She mirrored his expression, adding her own twist of disappointment. What was wrong with her?! Her boyfriend was not big on humor, but he was sure acting real funny. "I wanna lay my head on yer chest, but it's a lot more comfortable when there are no layers between us."

Us? Was he referring to her chest as a sentient being or Y/N herself? She couldn't tell.

"Why didn't you just start with that..?" She muttered under her breath before sitting up, hands crossing over her chest to grab for the hem of the tank top she slapped on. She yanked it off over her head and tossed it to the nearby bin of dirty clothes, except it barely made it in and was hanging out half way. She sighed and shrugged it off. Just another mess to pick up later.

Now her torso was completely exposed to her boyfriend, but it didn't really feel all that embarrassing. She knew what his intentions were and she was honestly fine with it, otherwise she would have just told him no and he would have dropped it. Shinsuke was demanding at times, but he respected boundaries. She flopped back down onto her back, head hitting the soft pillow and the mattress as a whole enveloping her in what felt like a warm hug.

Shinsuke wasted no time laying his head down on her bare chest. His body was twisted to where the lower half was facing towards her with one leg sprawled out over her, but the upper half was facing up towards the ceiling so that he could continue reading by holding his book up above him. It looked rather uncomfortable, but if he was fine with it, then that's all that really mattered in the end.

His soft hair brushed up against the particularly sensitive surface area of skin, forcing out a light giggle that ended up being more of an unsettling snort, "Your hair tickles, Shin." Not that she was complaining, it wasn't the worst feeling.

"Hm? Are you uncomfortable?" He made no attempt at moving from where he was, but if she said yes he would reposition himself.

"No, I just felt bad for laughing without explaining. I mean, you look ridiculous but I wouldn't ever laugh at you."

"Whatever. You have such lovely breasts, they're nice to lay on. So I don't care if I look ridiculous."

"..." He didn't question her silence, in fact he sort of just assumed that the conversation would end there, but she was definitely not moving on from that. "What?"

"They're soft and plush like a pillow, but if I position my head just right I can hear your heartbeat, and it's really soothing. An experience a pillow can not replicate." She just blinked, unsure of what she should say to that. It was sort of... cute, but also she didn't know how to feel about her chest being described as soft and plush. It was funny in a way, but also slightly provocative if you catch my drift.

"That was surprisingly sweet." There were a lot more moments like this between the two than you'd think— With his blunt, yet almost emotionless behavior you'd expect that he'd make for a pretty boring partner. Yet he always spoke what was on his mind, and it never failed to make her heart race.

Would you believe me if I revealed that Shinsuke was actually the first to say I love you? Maybe it was more along the lines of "I like to hang out with you more than my friends because I love you, so it's okay for me to cancel plans to do so, right?" She just couldn't say no after that.

"Then I'm glad I could make ya happy, Y/N." He never looked away from that book once, but she could see the hint of a smile peeking out of his normally blank demeanor.

"Who said I was happy? Don't be so quick to assume." She sighed and closed her eyes, letting her hand drift towards his head where she raked her fingers through his hair. He hummed like he seemed to enjoy the gesture.

"Well, I could hear yer heart skip a beat."

I thought this idea was silly and cute and I could see it working so well with Kita 🤟!!