Akaashi Keiji | Period.

—

Akaashi Keiji
Checking for blood...
Proofread - 656 Words
She/Her pronouns used - Reader has a period

"Akaashi, could you come here for a second... please?" Y/N nervously calls out to her boyfriend, who is a few feet away talking with some of his teammates from volleyball. He turns around as soon as he hears her voice saying his name, and he wastes no time telling his friends he'd be right back before leaving the conversation to go talk to her.

"Hey." He wears his typical blank expression, though Y/N didn't think much of it. She knew by now that her boyfriend wasn't big on expressing his emotions, so she learned to read him in other ways. She could tell he was happy based on the way he immediately reached out to grab one of her hands instinctively. It was the little things that mattered. "What's up?"

"Um. Could you check for me?" She whispered it barely loud enough for him to hear while averting her eyes. It was an embarrassing thing to talk about, especially at school. She just hoped he understood what she meant.

Clearly he didn't, though, because he tilted his head and raised one eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

She felt like an idiot. She tugged on his hand to pull him closer so she could whisper, even though nobody was nearby to hear. It was just... awkward! "Well, it's that time, you know?" She whispered through clenched teeth, and Akaashi's eyes widened with understanding. "So can you just look and see if I—"

"So you're asking me to look at your ass?" She blinked in disbelief. Of course, Akaashi was always blunt and straightforward... But that was certainly unexpected. She even saw the corners of his lips quirk up into a slight smirk.

"Yes." She answered, though she wasn't exactly happy about it. Nevertheless Akaashi complied, walking around and taking a few steps back with his fingers rubbing his chin in thought. He was silent for a moment, and that made Y/N really nervous. What if she bled out everywhere? What if there was a huge stain? Even worse—

"Looking good." He nodded his head and stepped closer again. Y/N quickly turned around to give him a slight look of annoyance, knowing he was talking about her ass and not giving her the all clear. He laughed, that lovely laugh of his, and she huffed. She would forgive him this once, but only because he was cute. "A little bit is showing, but I think it's only noticeable to someone who's really staring."

"Like you." Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Hey, I get a free pass." He slid his jacket off his shoulders, the one that every volleyball player wore to represent their team, and wrapped it around her waist to tie the sleeves in the front. "Just to be safe, though."

"Thanks." She tightened the knot in the sleeves to secure it around her waist, sighing. She hated this time of the month, it was so painful and annoying to be walking on glass all the time, trying to avoid the sharp pieces... Aka timing everything correctly and having to consider it 24/7. "Hey, will you stay with me for a bit? I don't really have the energy to talk to anyone but you right now."

Y/N often struggled with her social battery when it was that time of the month. She was grumpy and hormonal, and everyone just got on her nerves... Everyone except Akaashi, because he was just easy to be around in general.

"Yeah. Have you eaten lunch yet?" He grabbed her hand again and started to lead her out of the courtyard, towards the exit of the school building in fact. Y/N shook her head no. "Let's go get a bite to eat then."

Things were always much easier with her blunt, easygoing boyfriend.

He is a cutie patootie fr 🤭