Chapter 2

Fourteen years have now passed and Andy has now grown into a 17 year old boy who was currently moving away to College & the toys haven't been played with since Andy was a child.

The toys were now currently crowded together in Andy's toy box as Woody whisperingly instructed " Okay, places everyone." The cowboy pushed something to the side before he continued " Come on, come on. Get in position." Sylvia went on his left side next to him and agreed " You heard him, everyone, let's get moving."

" Wait! I can't find my other eye!" Mrs. Potato Head responded with worry as she was currently seen with her right eye missing.

" Alright, who's foot's in my face?" Hamm asked in a low voice.

" It's mine! Give it back!" Mr. Potato Head ordered the piggy bank. The aliens popped up and said out loud " You saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!" Mr. Potato Head groaned before he shushed the three aliens, indicating that they needed to be quiet.

" Buzz, mind if I squeeze in next to you?" Jessie excitedly questioned Buzz who then nervously stammered  " Yes. I mean, no. Why would I mind squeezing in next you?" Buzz then sniffed and questioned " Is it hot in here?"

" You know, now that you asked. Yeah, it's kind of hot in here with this helmet on." Jacob responded before he took off his helmet and sighed " There. That's much better." Delaney smiled after he said that before Rex saw something and he announced to the other toys " Oh, here they come!"

Outside the toy box, Sarge and two of his men were carrying a sock with something inside of it into the room.

Woody, Buzz & Sylvia opened the box and Woody asked " Sarge, do you got it?"

" Mission accomplished!" Sarge told him which made the other toys cheer on along with Jacob saying " Finally!"

" Careful, careful." Woody said as he and Buzz were shaking the sock before a mobile phone dropped out.

" All right, guys. We've got one shot at this." Woody told his friends before he asked " Is everyone ready?"

" We're ready, Woody. Let's do it!" Jessie responded with a smirk as she held up another phone.

" Okay, Buzz. Make the call." Woody instructed with a smirk. Buzz opened his wrist communicator to reveal a phone number which dialed into the phone that she was holding. Woody passed the other phone to Rex and the toy dinosaur held it. Jessie pressed the dial button on the phone that she was holding and the mobile phone Rex was holding that started ringing which made Rex jump. Woody, Sylvia, Buzz & Jessie peaked out of the chest and they heard footsteps approaching the door which made Buzz informed " Target is on approach."

" Just like we rehearsed it, guys." Woody said before the four toys closed the toy box and went back inside.

The toys were frozen as Andy entered the room and opened the toy box to fumble around for his phone until he picked up Rex who was holding the phone. Andy yanked the phone from Rex's grasp flipped it open before putting cut close to his ear and asked " Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" Andy then angrily sighed, hung up the phone and called out " Molly! Stay out of my room!"

" I wasn't in your room!" Molly called out from outside as Andy looked at Rex before he put him back inside the toy chest and closed it before heading out of the room asking Molly " Then who was messing with my stuff?!"

" It wasn't me!" Molly called out from outside again before Andy shut the door behind him. Woody looked out of the chest sadly with Buzz & Sylvia before the three of them looked at each other. Mr. Potato Head peaked out and sarcastically commented " Well, that went well."

The other toys started getting out of the toy chest along with Rex exclaiming " He held me! He actually held me!"

" Oh, this is just sad." Hamm said glumly.

" Who are we kidding? The kid's 17 years old." Mr. Potato Head added.

" We ain't ever gettin' played with." Slinky Dog added as well but glumly.

Woody, Sylvia and Buzz got out of the chest before both Sylvia & Buzz gave Woody a nod then the cowboy sighed & announced " Guys, hey, hold up. We need a staff meeting. Everyone! A staff meeting!"

" Oh, not again." Hamm complained.

" Oh, come on." Woody responded before he told Slinky " Slink, gather everyone up." Slinky looked behind himself and said " Uh, we are gathered, Woody." The other toys listened as Woody announced " Okay. First off, we all knew Operation Playtime was a long shot."

" More like a misfire." Mr. Potato Head commented.

" But we always said that this job isn't about getting played with, it's about..." Woody got interrupted by Jessie finishing the sentence " Being there for Andy. We know."

" But we can try again. Right?" Rex said. Woody shut his eyes with sadness before he sighed " I'm calling it, guys. We're closing up shop."

" What?" The toys questioned with shock & dismay before they walked closer towards Woody.

" Andy's going to college any day now. That was our last shot." Woody told them sadly.

" Oh." Mrs. Potato Head sighed as her husband put his hand on her arm.

" We're going into attic mode, folks. Keep your accessories with you at all times. Spare parts, batteries, anything you need for orderly transitions." Buzz ordered everybody.

" Orderly?! Don't you get it! We're done! Finished! Over the hill!" Mr. Potato Head reminded in frustration.

" Yeah, I agree with the Potato Head. We already tried everything to get Andy's attention but nothing ever works!" Jacob added in frustration.

" Guys, come on! We all knew that this day was gonna come eventually." Sylvia reminded everyone as Buzz noticed Sarge & his two men climbing up onto Andy's desk to the window.

" Yeah but now it's year." Hamm responded.

" Look, every toy goes through this! No one has to..." Woody got cut off by Buzz asking " Hey Sarge! What are you doing?" The toys looked up at the toy soldiers and Sarge said " The war's over folks. Me & the boys are moving on."

" Moving on?" Woody & Sylvia questioned at the same time.

" You're going AWOL?!" Buzz questioned with disbelief.

" We've done our duty. Andy's grown up." Sarge reminded the toys.

" Let's face it. When the trash bags come out, we army guys are the first to go." The second army men told them.

" Trash bags?" Buzz questioned.

" What do you mean?" Sylvia questioned as well.

" Who said anything about trash bags?" Woody asked the toy soldiers.

" It has been an honor serving with you. Good luck folks." Sarge told the toys goodbye before one of his men grabbed him and they parachuted out of the window.

" You're gonna need it." The third green army man warned them before he followed the other two soldiers.

" No, no, no. Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Woody tried to call out but it was too late.