Chapter 9

As the toys followed Lotso & Ken on their grand tour of SunnySide Daycare, Ken announced " Folks, if I can share, here at SunnySide, we've got, well, just about anything a toy can ask for."

" Spare parts, superglue, and enough fresh batteries to choke a Hungry Hungry Hippo." Lotso assured them before he opened a cabinet and asked " Think you're gettin' old?" They all looked inside with amazement as Lotso reassured them " Well, stop your worryin'." Ken told them " Our repair spa will keep you stuffed, puffed, and lightly buffed." The elephant toy sneezed blowing the miniature figures away.

The toys went over to the doll house and Ken introduced the house " And this, well, this is where I live. Ken's Dream House. It has a disco, it's got a dune buggy. And a whole room." Ken then whispered in Barbie's ear " Just for trying on clothes." Hearing that, Barbie gasped and commented " You have everything!" Ken looked down sadly and responded " Everything except someone to share it with."

As soon as Ken walked away in sadness, Barbie gasped and shuddered lovingly.

Meanwhile, the gang followed Lotso to a bathroom door and he said " You need anything at all, you just come talk to me. Here we are." Lotso knocked on the door with his cane and a baby doll with broken eye opened it before he gurgled.

" Well, thank you, Big Baby. Why don't you come meet our new friends." Lotso told the giant baby and the pink bear said " Poor baby. We were thrown out together, me & him. Abandoned by the same owner." Big Baby opened the door and Lotso said " But we don't need owners at SunnySide. We own ourselves. We're masters of our fate. We control our own destiny."

Mr. Potato Head let out a small scream and he slipped & fell on a puddle of water which made Lotso warn him " Oh, and watch out for puddles.."

Lotso opened the door and said " And here's where you folks'll be stayin'. The Caterpillar Room!" The toys entered the room and looked around with amazement as Jessie commented " Look at this place!"

" Wow!" Mr. Potato Head commented with amazement.

" Holy moly guacamole." Hamm said.

" Jackpot, baby!" Mr. Potato Head commented once again. Slinky whistled and said " Whoa, puppy." Three pop up animals toy popped out and one at a time, they said " Hello." A toy train whizzed by the potato heads while and whistled.

" It's so beautiful." Mrs. Potato Head commented about the room.

While examining the room, Sylvia felt very worried and thought " The place looks very nice, but the way Lotso said that the little ones love new toys makes me think that we're gonna get played with by a bunch of disgusting toddlers that don't know how to play with toys in a very proper way." She went back in reality when she noticed that Woody felt something bump his leg. The both of them turned around to see a toy telephone on wheels and Woody said " Oh, hey little guy." They turned to where Lotso was as the pink bear asked " How long has been since y'all got played with?" Slinky walked up to him and answered " It's been years."

As a response, Lotso chuckled and said " Well, just you wait. In a few minutes, that bell's gonna ring and you'll get the playtime that you've been dreaming of." This made Rex excited to the point and that he said with so much joy " Play! Real play! I can't wait!"

" Now, if you'll excuse us, we best be heading back. Lotso said while backing up towards the truck & climbed back on the dumpster and welcomed " Welcome to SunnySide, folks."

" Thank you!" Rex thanked the pink bear as they all started saying their goodbyes and thanked Lotso.

" Will I ever see you again?" Barbie nervously asked Ken who then responded " Oh I'll see you tonight. In my dreams." Barbie was very flattered to hear him say that.

" Ken, let's get a move on." Lotso told the Ken doll. Ken took Barbie by the hand and begged " Barbie, come with me! Live in my dream house. I know it's crazy. I know we just met. Oh, heck, you don't know me from G.I. Joe, but when I look at you, I feel like we were..." He & Barbie finished the sentence together with " Made for each other." They both gasped before they turned to the other toys who gestured for Barbie to go ahead and spend a lot of time with Ken.

" Yay!" Barbie cheered on along with Ken cheering " Yes!"

" Ken?" Lotso questioned Ken who then responded " Coming, Lotso!" They both ran over to the dumper truck with Lotso as Ken had Barbie in his arms and they drove off with Barbie saying " This is so exciting!" Big Baby left the room as well while shutting the door behind him.

The toys looked at each other before they looked out the window to see kids plying with each other outside.

" Sounds like kids to me!" Hamm squealed as he & others ( Except for Woody & Sylvia) walked over to the window to look outside.

" Oh, I wanna get played with! Why can't time go faster?!" Rex exclaimed with excitement once again.

" How many do you reckon are there?" Jessie questioned joyfully.

" Oh, they sound so sweet!" Mrs. Potato Head complimented.

" Yeah, I agree." Delaney agreed with Mrs. Potato Head along with Jacob chiming in " Me too." Hamm chuckled as they continued walking towards the window. Sylvia walked a little bit but when she got a little close to the others, she stopped to look back at Woody watching and looking around the room as he had a concerned expression on his face.