Chapter 3

The other toys were freaked out after hearing the soldiers saying that a bunch of trash bags were coming to the house and Rex panicked " Aah! We're getting thrown away?!"

" No! No one's getting thrown away!" Woody tried to tell the toy T-Rex.

" How do you know?" Mr. Potato Head questioned as he began to doubt Woody's words.

" We're being abandoned!" Jessie panted with anxiety before Delaney put her arm around Jessie's shoulder for comfort.

" We'll be fine, Jessie." Buzz assured the scared cowgirl.

" Then why did Sarge leave?" Hamm asked. Angel began to whimper with worry before Sylvia went to calm her down by petting her on the muzzle.

" Should we leave?" Mrs. Potato Head questioned with worry.

" No we shouldn't..." Sylvia tried to assure her.

" I thought we were goin' to the attic." Slinky added with concern.

" We're still going to the attic." Sylvia tried to assure him.

" Oh, I hate all this uncertainty." Rex said anxiously and worriedly.

" Hold on. Wait a minute. Quiet!" Woody exclaimed before he continued " No one's getting thrown out, okay?! We're all still here!" He then stopped himself before he kept going " I mean, yeah we lost friends along the way. Wheezy and Etch and..."

" Bo Peep?" Rex questioned which made Woody look down at the floor sadly as he remembered his old girlfriend Bo Peep before he responded stoically " Yeah. Even Bo."

" And don't forget about Boy Blue & Bessie. They got donated too." Sylvia added a little glumly as she put her hand on Woody's shoulder. The two of them went back on track with Woody explaining " All good toys who've got on to new owners. But through every yard sale, every spring cleaning. Andy held onto us. He must care about us or we wouldn't be here. You wait. Andy's gonna tuck us in the attic. It'll be safe and warm..."

" And we'll all be together." Buzz intervened.

" Exactly! There's games up there, and books, and..." Woody said before Sylvia helped him finish the sentence by saying " The race car track!"

" The race car track! Thank you!" Woody thanked the princess.

" And the old TV!" Slinky Dog spoke up.

" There you go, the old TV." Woody said before he kept going " And those guys from the Christmas decorations box. They're quite fun, right?"

The toys murmured in agreement before Woody continued on " And some day, if we're lucky, Andy may have kids of his own."

" And he'll play with us then. Right?" Rex questioned before Woody put his hand on Rex's shoulder and said " We'll always be there for him."

" That's right." Sylvia agreed.

" Come on, guys. Let's get our parts together, get ready, and go out on a high note." Buzz encouraged everyone.

" If you say so." Jacob responded while having some doubts as he & the other toys walked away to do their own thing.

" I'd better find my other eye." Mrs. Potato Head reminded her husband.

" Where'd you leave it this time?" Mr. Potato Head asked his wife before she covered her left eye and responded " Some place dark and dusty."

" Come on. Let's see how much we're going for on eBay." Hamm told everyone glumly.

" You know, Delaney, I do want to agree with what my sister Sylvia, Woody & Buzz said, but I don't even know if we're actually gonna go to the attic or the trash." Jacob said to Delaney before she put her arm around the prince and assured him " Well, we can always hope for the best, hon."

" Don't worry. Andy's gonna take care of us. I guarantee it!" Woody reassured all of his friends again. But his expression changed to sadness and worry which Sylvia noticed so she put her arm around him and Woody looked at her unsure if what he said was true.

The two of them climbed up onto the dresser and looked at the room with sadness. Sylvia began to look worried and turned around to see Woody sadly looking at a picture of Andy in his graduation outfit standing in between his mother and little sister Molly before he lifted it up as he & Sylvia looked at another picture of young Andy happily playing with the two of them along with their friends. Both Woody & Sylvia looked at the picture with sadness as they remembered all the good times the toys had when they got played with by Andy but now those days were gone.

" You guarantee it, huh?" Buzz commented before Sylvia turned around to the space ranger behind her & Woody.

" I don't know, guys." Woody told them sadly before he asked " What else could I say?" Both Sylvia & Buzz looked at each other before they looked at Woody and Sylvia responded " Hey, don't worry, Woody. We know that you just didn't want the others to panic."

" Sylvia's right, Woody. And whatever happens, at least we'll all be together." Buzz agreed with Sylvia.

" For Infinity & Beyond." Woody responded in agreement as Sylvia held Woody's hand to which he noticed before they looked at each other with nervous smiles on their faces while they blushed at the same time.