Chapter 29

As soon as the toys had their little moment of relief, Rex informed " Woody! Sylvia! Look! I can see daylight! We're gonna be okay!"

The toys were happy at first when they heard Rex say that until Woody & Sylvia looked very closely at the light and Woody said " I don't think that's daylight." The other toys except for Sylvia looked at him confused as to why he would say that. Woody & Sylvia began to smell smoke as they approached the light, and everyone else smelt smoke too before they heard explosions and realized something. To everyone's horror, the place that they were heading was a burning furnace where trash & garbage explodes into pieces AKA the fiery incinerator.

" THAT'S NOT DAYLIGHT!! THAT'S A FURNACE!! EVERYONE RUN!!" Sylvia screamed as she & the other toys began to run away but it wasn't any good since the conveyor belt continuously moved along with the toys running in place. Lotso tripped on a piece of trash before he looked up to see a big red emergency stop button above. Knowing that the button can stop the conveyor belt from moving, Lotso ran to the steps and grabbed the bottom one with his right paw but he was struggling to put his left paw on the bottom step. Lotso looked at the others and called " Sheriff! Princess! The button! Help me!"

" Come on!" Woody instructed Buzz & Sylvia as the three of them ran to Lotso boosted him up the steps before Woody exclaimed " Go! Go! Hit the button!"

Lotso climbed up to the button as Woody, Sylvia & Buzz rejoined the others in running in place as they all got closer to the furnace. Woody gasped as he and others got even more closer to the incinerator by the minute.

" Hurry!" Woody yelled out as Lotso made it to the top and reached for the button but he didn't press it. Lotso glared down at the toys as Woody yelled out " Just push it! Push it!"

" Push it!" Buzz yelled out as well.

" What are you waiting for?! Just the push the darn button!" Jacob yelled out as well. Sylvia looked up in horror as she saw Lotso give her & the others an evil grin and he called out " Where's your kid NOW, Sheriff?" And with that, Lotso just ran off and left the toys for dead. The others toys couldn't believe what just happened with Woody yelling out " No! NOOOO!!"

" Lotso!" Buzz yelled out.

" YOU TRAITOR!!!!!" Jacob screamed in anger before the toys got flung backwards into the trash surrounding the furnace and Woody screamed " NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As soon as the toys landed in the trash, they slowly started descending toward the furnace much their horror. They all tried to climb back up but there wasn't any use. As they were climbing, Rex screamed as he started to slip to which Woody noticed and he exclaimed " Rex!" As he tried to help them, they all slipped down further to the furnace.

" Buzz! What do we do?!" Jessie asked the spaceman with fear in her voice.

Buzz stared at her with fear as he stayed silent before he thought of something. He held Jessie on the hand which caused the cowgirl to look at him confused before he gestured that he loves and that they may have to accept their fate. Jessie nodded before she put her hand on Bullseye's hoof as a way of stopping him from moving.

Seeing what Buzz, Jessie & Bullseye were doing made the toys catch on to what was happening. Sylvia grabbed Jacob by his left hand while Jacob used his right hand to grab Delaney by her left hand. Delaney used her right hand to grab Slinky's left paw before Slinky used his right paw to grab Hamm by his right hoof. Hamm used his left hoof to reach out and grab Rex's right hand before Rex used his left hand to grab Mr. Potato Head by his right hand as Mr. Potato Head already had his left on Mrs. Potato Head's right hand. Mrs. Potato Head used her right hand to grab Angel by her front right hoof.

Woody was trying to climb back up until he saw that everyone was holding hands before he looked at Sylvia and then looked at Buzz with confusion.

Buzz reached out a hand towards Woody as a way of saying that there was no way to get out of the burning furnace. Woody got the message and took Buzz by the hand and looked at each other grimly before Woody took Sylvia by the other hand as they all looked down preparing for their deaths to happen. Everyone closed their eyes shut as they waited for their doom to come to them. Sylvia even shut her eyes to the point that she buried her head underneath Woody's chin as the two of them reflected on their whole lives as they were all sure that they were gonna die. Just then, Woody & Sylvia opened their eyes as a blue light shined down on them and a giant claw from the crane lowered down towards the toys and grabbed them along with a bunch of trash. The rest of the toys opened their eyes as well as they were all confused at the claw lifting them up and away from the furnace. They all looked to see the aliens in the crane's cockpit, using the controls to move the claw.

" The claaaaaaaaaw!" The aliens said with amazement as two of them moved two joysticks to the left and the claw moved. Woody & Sylvia smiled at each other with relief as they were saved from death by the aliens.

The claw carried the trash & the toys and lowered them down before releasing them onto the ground outside in a heap and the toys started groaning.

Both Woody & Sylvia looked at each other before Sylvia gave Woody a hug and breathed a sigh of relief  " Oh thank goodness we're safe! I actually thought we were gonna die!" Woody smiled when she said that.

" You know all that bad stuff I said about Andy's attic? I take it all back."Mr. Potato Head told everyone.

" You're darn tootin'." Slinky agreed with Mr. Potato Head along with Hamm adding " You said it."

Buzz & Jessie sat up and saw that they were still holding each other's hands before they smiled.

" Oh darling, you were so brave." Mrs. Potato Head complimented her husband before the two of them saw the aliens walk up to them and Mrs. Potato Head said " You saved our lives."

" And we are eternally grateful." Mr. Potato Head added before the aliens looked at each other in surprise.

" My boys!" Mr. Potato Head exclaimed with joy as he hugged the three aliens who responded " Daddy!"

" Hey, where's that furball Lotso?" Hamm angrily questioned.

" Yeah. I'd like to loosen his stitchin'." Slinky Dog said angrily.

" I agree. That monster deserves so much karma for leaving us to get burned into that incinerator!" Jacob angrily agreed with Slinky & Hamm.

" Forget it, guys. He's not worth it." Woody told them as Sylvia nodded her head in agreement.