Chapter 22

A few minutes after the toys hugged each other, they all let go and Woody spoke up " You know, Sylvia's right. We never should've left you guys in the first place. But from now on, we stick together." Sylvia nodded in agreement and said " That's right."

" But Andy's leaving for college." Slinky Dog reminded the two which made Jessie exclaim " College! Hogtie the mailman!" She then grabbed Woody by the arms and reminded him " We've gotta get you home before Andy leaves tomorrow!" The toys got worried along with Hamm saying " Tomorrow? But that means......"

" It means we're busting out of here! Tonight!" Woody told them as Jessie smiled in agreement to what Woody just said.

" What? Impossible!" Mrs. Potato Head spoke up.

" But there's no way out of here!" Rex responded with worry.

" Well that's where your wrong, because there is one way out of here." Sylvia corrected them as Woody nodded, showed the chute out the window and said " Sylvia's right. One way." They all looked outside at the trash chute before Woody & Sylvia gathered everyone around and told them the plan to escape SunnySide and how to get Buzz back from his trance.

(Time Skip)
During the night, Woody & Sylvia were up at the rafters watching below as Buzz & Ken were doing roll calls.

" Springy Dog." Ken roll called for Slinky.

" Present." Slinky responded.

" Green guys." Ken roll called for the aliens before the three aliens squeaked in reply.

" Cowgirl." Ken roll called for Jessie.

" Here." Jessie responded.

" Brown horse." Ken roll called for Bullseye before Bullseye whinnied in response.

" Knight in shining armor." Ken roll called for Jacob.

" Right here." Jacob responded.

" Royal Secretary." Ken roll called for Delaney.

" Here." Delaney responded.

" Pink horse." Ken roll called for Angel and just like Bullseye, Angel whinnied in response.

" Piggy Bank." Ken roll called for Hamm.

" Yo!" Hamm responded.

" Tyrannosaurus." Ken roll called for Rex.

" Here." Rex responded.

" Barbie!" Ken roll called for Barbie angrily.

" Here." Barbie responded.

" Potato Head." Ken roll called for Mr. Potato Head but no answer.

" Potato Head." Ken roll called for Mr. Potato Head again but still no answer.

Buzz stopped to look at what seemed to be Mr. Potato Head sleeping so he shook the cubby and yelled " Hey! Tuberous root-man! Wake up!"

Buzz gasped as the object in the cubby happened to be an actual potato just laying there and the spaceman exclaimed " Impossible!"

Buzz looked to see Mr. Potato Head fiddling with the lock on the window and yelled out " Hey!"

Mr. Potato Head gasped before he ran to the door with Buzz, Ken and Big Baby chasing after him.

From above the rafters, Woody used a plastic straw to lift the clothes line with paintings on it up towards him and he whispered " Sylvia, go to the rafter above the office, Slinky, Jacob & I will meet you there." Sylvia gave him a thumbs up and did what he said. She went over to where the office was and saw the monkey watching the confrontation between Mr. Potato Head & Ken.

Back in the caterpillar room, Slinky Dog & Jacob escaped from their cubbies since the monkey wasn't looking. Slinky crept over while Jacob quietly rolled over like a ninja and Woody used a bag of marble to make himself heavier to low himself down to the ground while holding the line.

Woody grabbed Slinky and pulled him up the rafter before he grabbed Jacob and pulled him up the rafter as well unnoticed. The three of them waited for Mr. Potato Head to do his job and they saw Mr. Potato Head kick Ken on the legs, making the Ken doll yell out " Ow!" Ken then ordered Big Baby " Take him back to the box!" Big Baby did as instructed as he picked up Mr. Potato Head and carried him off with Mr. Potato Head crying out " No! No, not the box! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I like ascots! Really! No, no, no!!" After that, Woody closed the rafter and said " OK, check."

The three of them got over to Sylvia and Woody asked " Do you have something with you that can help us take out the monkey?" Sylvia nodded and she said " We can use this." She showed Woody, Jacob & Slinky a plastic bag and they smiled at her idea.

Inside the office, Woody & Slinky were dangling behind the rafters with Woody the bag that Sylvia gave him to capture the monkey without making any noise. Sylvia & Jacob on the other hand were holding onto Slinky's back end as Slinky swung back & forth in order for Woody to get closer. But as soon as the sheriff was about to put the bag over the monkey, the monkey turned around and screeched, making Woody scream as he & Slinky were startled from the loud screech.

Suddenly, Slinky's back end slipped taking Sylvia & Jacob with it as the four of them crashed into the monkey and knocked the microphone onto the floor in the process. The monkey hissed at Woody, Sylvia & Jacob before he proceeded to run towards the microphone. The three of them ran after money and Woody used the wire of the microphone to lasso the monkey's foot, causing him to fall.

After the monkey fell, Woody & Sylvia & Jacob ran towards him and they pinned him to the ground together so that the monkey wouldn't get up.

" Go get the tape!" Woody called to Slinky which made the monkey screech in fear & he was trying to escape the clutches of Woody, Sylvia & Jacob but the three of them were doing their best to keep him on the ground.

Slinky did what Woody said and grabbed some nearby tape and ran towards the monkey before all four of the toys started wrapping the tape around the monkey.