Chapter 20

( The next day...)
Back at SunnySide Daycare, the toys remained as prisoners and they were very glum because not only were they held hostage, but their friend Buzz has turned against them and they thought that Woody & Sylvia were dead.

Bullseye held onto Woody's hat while Jacob, Delaney & Angel held onto Sylvia's tiara. Jacob grunted as he was very annoyed with Hamm playing a harmonica and the Prince whispered to Delaney " Does he have to play that stupid harmonica at the time of crisis?!" Delaney said nothing but only sighed as she didn't have the energy to talk due to grieving over the "loss" of Sylvia & Woody.

After a while of Hamm playing his harmonica, he stopped when Buzz aggressively banged on the bars of his cubby and yelled " Quiet, musical hog! Knock it off!" After Buzz walked away, Hamm sighed with sadness.  

Jessie heard Bullseye whimper so she reached out to pet him and she told him " Oh, Bullseye, I miss Woody & Sylvia too. But they ain't ever coming back." The cowgirl sighed before she picked up her boot to see Andy's name written on it as she felt very ashamed for not listening to Woody & Sylvia in the first place so she hung her head down in sadness because she knew that going to SunnySide Daycare was HER idea.

In their own cubby, Angel started whimpering as she felt like she was about to cry since she and everyone else thought that Sylvia & Woody were killed by Lotso. Delaney noticed Angel whimpering so she pet her on the head and whispered " It's okay, Angel. I know you miss her. We all miss her."

Delaney then looked at Jacob (who was holding Sylvia's tiara & staring at it) stroking his forehead as he was super upset, angry, depressed and ashamed of himself for the way he acted towards Sylvia and for not believing her and Woody yesterday. Delaney was about to comfort him and say something but Jacob stopped her & whispered in a low voice  "Delaney, if you're gonna say something to me, I just wanna let you know that I'm not in the mood to talk."

The royal secretary sighed and whispered " Look, I'm very upset about this whole thing too. But you can't just beat yourself up about it. This isn't your fault."

" Delaney, it IS my fault. I'm the one who shouted at Sylvia when I shouldn't have. I should've listened to her & Woody when they said that Andy was putting us in the attic. But instead, I acted so stupid & started to fight with my sister and didn't believe her or Woody." Jacob explained softly & briefly while he felt like he was about to cry because he thought that his sister was gone along with Woody.

" Jakey, neither of us could've known that Lotso was gonna hold us prisoner and make Buzz turn against us. Heck, we couldn't have known that Lotso was going to hurt Woody & Sylvia. Besides, none of us believed them anyway." Delaney reassured the upset prince.

She sighed & sat down before she thought of something and whispered " Wait a minute. I just thought of something. What if Lotso's lying to us?"

" What are you talking about?" Jacob asked her quietly but still heartbroken.

" What if Lotso didn't really do anything to Woody & Sylvia? Maybe they're still alive and they actually got out of SunnySide. Maybe Lotso was trying to scare us." Delaney whispered back to him. Angel looked up at Delaney and the female horse hoped that Jacob's royal assistant was right and that Sylvia & Woody are possibly alive.

Jacob looked at Delaney with a weirded out expression on his face and asked " On the other hand, what if Lotso ISN'T lying to us? I mean, how can you possibly tell that Woody & Sylvia are still alive?"

" Well they did leave the room during the daytime yesterday." Delaney stated quietly.

" You do have a point. But even if they're still alive, they'll never come back for us. They're probably still mad at us for not believing them. Heck, we can't even count on Buzz to help us this time. Let's face it, Delaney. It's over." Jacob reminded his girlfriend softly.

" Don't say that. Woody & Sylvia wouldn't hold a grudge. They'll probably..." Delaney stopped mid-sentenced as she began to lose hope and softly said " On second thought, maybe your right. We're never gonna get out of this prison." She then looked down on the floor and began to cry (even though toys can't shed tears) which made Jacob wrap his arms around his girlfriend as a way to comfort her.

Suddenly, Lotso & his gang bursted into the room whooping and laughing as they were riding on the truck.

The truck stopped in front of the toys that were held captive and Lotso exclaimed " Rise and shine, campers!"

" Commander, Lotso! Sir!" Buzz saluted before he rolled down in front of Lotso & his gang and he a saluted again and informed the pink bear " All quiet. Nothing to report."

" Excellent, Lightyear. Come on. We need ya back at Star Command." Lotso instructed the space toy. But before they could leave, Mrs. Potato Head called out " Wait! What have you done with my husband?" Lotso smirked and called out " Big Baby?" Right on cue, Big Baby arrived and threw a sand covered Mr. Potato Head on the floor & Mrs. Potato Head gasped and exclaimed " Sweetheart!"

Mr. Potato Head groaned & took out one of his ears to let out sand and he explained " It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln logs."

" Uh, I don't think those were Lincoln logs." Hamm responded with a disgusted expression on his face.

" You all get ready. Y'all got a play date with destiny!" Lotso excitedly reminded the toys.

" Oh no. Not this again." Jacob groaned as he along with his friends did not feel prepared for what was gonna happen next.