Chapter 8

After seeing the children leave, the toys didn't know what to do next as Hamm questioned " So now what do we do?"

" We go back to Andy's." Woody suggested to the other toys before he asked them " Anyone see an exit?"

" Exit, schmexit. Let's get played with." Mr. Potato Head scoffed at Woody's words and he was dying to get played with.

" Careful. These toys might be jealous of new arrivals." Buzz warned everyone. Growing even more impatient, Rex pushed past everyone and exclaimed " I wanna see!"

" Hey, watch it!" Hamm exclaimed angrily.

" Rex!" Woody exclaimed angrily as well. Rex turned around and told them " It's my turn!" Rex's impatience of wanting to see what was going on caused the box to fall off the counter and onto the floor, spilling the toys out in the process. The gang looked up to see the toys in the room staring at them and a Jack-in-the-box shouted " NEW TOYS!" The toys began cheering before they went to greet the newcomers.

" Well howdy! Glad to meet ya!" Jessie greeted as she shook hands with a toy rock monster named Chuck.

" Buzz Lightyear. At your service." Buzz greeted a robot named Sparks while shaking hands with him at the same time.

A group of stuffed animals approached Sylvia and she greeted " Hello there. I'm Warrior Princess Sylvia at your service." The stuffed animals bowed their heads in respect. Jacob walked over right next to her and bragged " And I'm Sylvia's gorgeous big brother Warrior Prince Jacob." Much to Sylvia's annoyance, she groaned " Jacob, can't you just take a break from showing off for once?!"

" Come on sis, I've got to show everyone how good looking I am!" Jacob argued with his sister. Delaney stepped in and told the stuffed animals " You'll have to excuse my friend Jacob. He's a very nice guy once you get to know him." Then, Delaney introduced herself " Hi! My name is Delaney, Jacob's royal advisor." Angel Cakes walked up and Sylvia introduced " And finally, This is my royal companion horse, Angel Cakes!" The female horse neighed and nodded her head.

Hamm, Slinky & Barbie were shaking hands with a purple octopus named Stretch and Hamm giggled " Boy, oh boy, oh boy!" Slinky & Barbie giggled along as well. Rex was laughing excitedly as he was surrounded by a group of toy dinosaurs. A muscular looking toy bug helped Mrs. Potato Head stand up and she said " Oh, thank you!" She looked at the toy bug's muscular arm and she asked " May I?"

Mrs. Potato Head giggled as the big allowed her to touch his muscles with amazement. Feeling a little jealous, Mr. Potato Head toy tried to flex his own muscles but it flopped down much to his dismay. A toy crane passed the three aliens and they said " The claw!"

Everyone heard a truck's horn and they all looked up to see a yellow truck reverse into view while it carried a pink bear that was holding a cane.

" Well, hello there." The pink bear greeted the new toys before he got of the dump struck. He then said " I thought I heard new voices."

" Welcome to SunnySide, folks!" The pink bear welcomed the gang before he introduced himself " I'm Lotso Hugging Bear! But please, call me Lotso." Buzz walked up to him and said " Buzz Lightyear! We come in.." Buzz got cut off by Lotso hugging the space toy very hard much to the other toys' surprises.

" First thing you gotta know about me, I'm a hugger." Lotso reminded the space toy before letting Buzz go and Buzz tried to breath.

" Oh, look at you all. You've been through a lot today, haven't ya?" Lotso questioned the other toys who looked at the pink bear with sadness. Well, Woody & Sylvia didn't look sad since they already know what happened.

" Oh, it's been horrible!" Mrs. Potato Head responded dramatically.

" Well you're safe now. We're all cast offs here. We've been dumped, donated, yard-saled, second handed, and just plain thrown out." Lotso narrated but then he assured the gang " But just you wait, you'll find being donated was the best thing that ever happened to ya." Woody scoffed at those words while Sylvia scratched the back of her head as she felt unsure of what Lotso said was the truth.

" Mr. Lotso, do toys here get played with everyday?" Rex questioned the pink bear and Lotso responded with " All day long. Five days a week."

" But what happens when the kids grow up?" Jessie questioned with a worried expression on her face.

" Well, now, I'll tell ya." Lotso told the toy dinosaur before he gestured  pictures of kid groups over the years on the wall and continued " When the kids get old, new ones come in. When they get old, new ones replace them. You'll never be outgrown or neglected, never abandoned or forgotten. No owners means no heartbreak." Hearing that, the other toys (minus Woody & Sylvia) were happy about those words.

" Yee haw!" Jessie cheered on while she hugged Bullseye.

" It's a miracle!" Mrs. Potato Head exclaimed excitedly while holding her husband's hand.

" And you wanted us to stay at Andy's." Mr. Potato Head added that statement towards Woody.

" Because we're Andy's toys!" Woody fought back to what Mr. Potato Head said. As Sylvia tried to think of what to say, Lotso walked up towards her & Woody and he questioned " So, you got donated by this Andy, huh?" He looked at Woody and said " Well, it's his loss, Sheriff. He can't hurt ya no more."

" Um, that's not what..." Sylvia tried to explain the whole thing but Lotso didn't pay attention and said " Now let's get you all settled in." The pink bear turned to a dollhouse and called out " Ken?" Lotso then muttered " Where is that boy?" He then called out again " Ken? New toys!"

A Ken doll opened a window to look down at the new toys and said excitedly " Far out!" He then told the pink bear " Down in a jiff, Lotso." Ken went down the lift from his dream house and asked " So, who's ready for Ken's dream tour?" Lotso said " Let's show our new friends where they'll be stayin'."

" Uh... Folks, you want to step right this way..." Ken cut himself off at the sight of Barbie and she saw him looking like they were in love. The two of them walked up to each other as they were completely entranced by love.

" Hi, I'm Ken." Ken instroduced himself a little nervously.

" Barbie." Barbie introduced herself before she asked " Have we ever met?"

" Uh-uh. I would've remembered." Ken responded which made Barbie giggle.

" I love your legwarmers." Ken complimented her legwarmers.

" Nice ascot." Barbie complimented the scarf that Ken was wearing. They snapped out of their trance as Lotso got in-between them and said " Come on, Ken. Recess don't last forever."

" Right on, Lotso. This way, everybody." Ken told everyone as Barbie giggled and held Ken by the biceps before they walked.

" You got a lot to look forward to, folks. The little ones love new toys." Lotso reminded the gang which made Sylvia a littler nervous the way he said that.

" What a nice bear." Buzz complimented the pink bear.

" And he smells like strawberries." Rex added to Buzz's sentence. After Woody sighed angrily, Sylvia squinted her eyes towards Lotso and thought " I don't why, but I've got a very strange feeling that there's something off about this pink bear, Lotso. Whatever it is, it's not a good sign."