Chapter 21

(Time Skip)
Later on during the day, the bell rang and all the children raced into the Butterfly Room. After Bonnie hung her back on a hanger & left, Woody unzipped the back before he & Sylvia snuck out of it and climbed up the shelf on top. The both of them hid behind something as a girl ran past them before they climbed up into the rafters.

After that, Woody & Sylvia crawled along the rafters until they made it to the Caterpillar room. The both of them climbed into the play castle and when they looked down at their friends and Sylvia's brother Jacob getting bashed, kicked, drooled on, chewed, and thrown around by the toddlers, they were horrified. Just then, Woody & Sylvia heard dinging from behind them so they turned around and saw the same toy telephone that bumped into Woody yesterday. To Woody & Sylvia's puzzlement, the telephone dropped his phone on the floor. The two of went over there and Woody picked up the phone before the telephone gestured for Woody to speak and Woody asked " Uh, hello?"

" You shouldn't have come back, cowboy & princess. They've cracked down hard since you both left. More guards, more patrols. You two & your friends ain't ever gettin' out of here now." The telephone told the duo.

" Sylvia & I made it out once." Woody told the toy telephone and Sylvia nodded her head in agreement.

" You both got lucky once. Want my advice? Keep your heads down. You'll survive." The telephone assured Woody & Sylvia.

" Yeah, for how long?" Woody asked the toy telephone.

" I've been here for years. They'll never break me. There's only one way toys leave this place." The toy telephone said as the three of them looked out the window to watch a toy train get thrown into a trash chute.

" Poor fella. Trash truck comes at dawn and it's off to the dump." The toy telephone said sadly before it rolled away from the window.

" Look, we appreciate your concern, old timer. But we got a kid waiting for us. Now, we're leaving. Now if you help us, one toy to another, we'd sure be grateful." Woody told the toy telephone as Sylvia nodded in agreement.

The toy telephone sighed and told them " Well, if you're gonna get out, first thing you gotta get through is the doors. Locked every night. Inside and Out. Keys are left on a hook in the office."

" Got it." Woody understood before he asked " What else?"

" Lotso has trucks patrolling all night long. Hallway, lobby, playground." The toy telephone explained.

" Yeah." Woody understood and then asked " But what about the wall?"

" Eight feet high. Cinder Block. No way through it. You either go over or under." The toy telephone told them.

" That's it?" Woody questioned before he & Sylvia looked at each other and Woody said " Doesn't seem so bad."

" It's not. Your real problem's the monkey. The monkey's the eye in the sky. He sees everything. Classrooms. Hallways. Even the playground." The toy telephone listed things about the monkey before he told them " You can unlock doors, sneak past guards, climb the wall. But if you don't take out that monkey, you ain't goin' nowhere."

" You wanna get out of here? GET RID OF THAT MONKEY!" The toy telephone instructed them in a serious & clear tone of voice.

" Will do!" Woody & Sylvia saluted.

Hours later, the bell rang and the toddlers exited the caterpillar room to begin recess. After they left, the toys unfroze, sat up and groaned.

" Ugh, I can't take anymore of this!" Jacob groaned in pain as he was stretching his back. He looked at Delaney and asked " Hey, is my face okay?" She looked at him and said " Yes Jacob, your face looks fine." The prince breathed a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, the toys heard " Psst! Psst!" They all followed the source of the noise and to their surprise, they saw Woody & Sylvia poke their heads out from the curtains of the play castle and they both called out " Hey, guys!"

" Woody? Sylvia?" Jessie questioned as she & everyone else began to smile as they both Woody & Sylvia again.

" Woody! Sylvia!" Rex yelled out with excitement as he & everyone else started running towards them.

" Woody!" Jessie yelled out with excitement as she started running towards the sheriff & princess.

" Sylvia!" Jacob yelled out with excitement as well.

They all raced into the play castle and hugged Woody & Sylvia with relief and happiness along with Slinky exclaiming " You're both alive!"

" Of course we're alive!" Woody giggled along with Sylvia before all the toys let go of them. Bullseye gave Woody his hat and Angel gave Sylvia her tiara.

After that, Jacob spoke up " Oh we're just so glad that you guys are okay! We all thought the both of you were dead!"

" Wait, why would you think we were dead?" Sylvia questioned as she & Woody were confused.

" Well, Sylvia, when Lotso held us prisoner, he showed us your tiara & Woody's hat and we assumed the worst." Delaney told the honest truth as everyone else nodded in agreement.

The sheriff & princess looked around to see that Buzz was missing so Woody asked " Wait, where's Buzz?"

" Lotso, did something to him." Rex explained along with Slinky nodding his head and he explained " He thinks he's a real space ranger again."

" What?!" Sylvia exclaimed with shock along with Woody facepalming and he said " Oh no."

" Oh yes. Return of the Astro-nut!" Hamm sarcastically exclaimed.

" Oh, Woody, Sylvia, we were wrong to leave to Andy." Jessie told them remorsefully before she stroked her ponytail and said " I,I was wrong."

" Jessie's right, you two. She was wrong." Mr. Potato Head agreed with Jessie.

" And Sylvia? I'm so, so sorry for what I said to you yesterday. I guess I was just upset & hurt about the fact that Andy called us junk. And I shouted at you & said hurtful things to you. And for that, I'm really sorry. And I'm very sorry for not believing you & Woody. We're all very sorry for not believing you when you told us that we were getting put into the attic." Jacob deeply apologized to his sister with a sad sorrowful face.

Sylvia looked down on the floor with a sheepish smile on her face before she responded " I'm sorry too, Jacob. If I'm being honest, I wasn't any better either. I shouted at you and said extremely terrible things to you and everyone else. I never should've called you thick-minded in the first place. In other words, I apologize as well. Woody & I are also very sorry for leaving you guys as well." The toys were pretty much shocked but were also touched by Sylvia's sincere apology.

" Hey, it's fine. We understand why you were upset. You & Woody were trying to tell us the truth." Jacob responded.

After that, Jacob gave Sylvia a warm smile before he held his arms out wide for a hug. Sylvia smiled before she returned the favor and both siblings hugged each other very tightly.

While they hugged each other, Jacob said " Don't you ever leave us again."

" I won't. I promise." Sylvia assured her older brother. The rest of the toys smiled in awe at the two siblings hugging each other and Rex asked " Wouldn't it be stupid to ask for another group hug?"

" No, of course not! Come here you guys!" Sylvia told them and they all joined in for another group hug.