Chapter 7

Inside the donation box, Barbie was crying with the toys trying to comfort her and Mrs. Potato Head calmly assured her " Oh, it's alright, Barbie. You'll be okay."

" Yeah Barbie, we're here for you no matter what." Delaney agreed with Mrs. Potato Head as she & Jessie put their hands on Barbie's back as comfort.

" Well, Molly & I have been growing apart for years. It's just..." Barbie stopped mid-sentenced while she sniffed and then cried out " I can't believe she would THROW me away!!"

Barbie was sobbing uncontrollably with the other toys comforting her once again before Jacob spoke up " Hey, don't worry Barb, we understand how you're feeling. Being thrown away is the worst!" The prince took a deep breath and eventually he cooled down.

" Yeah, welcome to the club, toots." Mr. Potato Head sarcastically spoke up while agreeing with Jacob.

They all looked up to see Woody climb into the box with Buzz & Sylvia following him and the cowboy whispered " Okay, everyone, listen up. We can get back to Andy's but we gotta move fast." He grabbed a toy xylophone, made it look like a ladder to climb up before he continued " We'll hide under the seats til we get back home." As soon as Woody started to climb, Mr. Potato Head reminded him " Get it through your vinyl noggin, Woody! Andy doesn't want us anymore!"

" He was putting you.." Woody sighed in sadness before he finished his sentence by shouting " IN THE ATTIC!!!" Jessie marched over to the cowboy and shouted " HE LEFT US ON THE CURB!!!" While Sylvia grabbed Woody by the shoulder, Buzz pushed both Woody & Jessie apart and told them in a very clear & firm voice " Alright, calm down! Both of you!"

" Yeah, we don't want things to escalate in this box." Sylvia agreed with Buzz.

" Okay, fine. Fine. Just wait till you see what daycare's like." Woody told them.

" Why? What's it like?" Rex questioned.

" Daycare is a sad lonely place for washed up old toys who have no wonders." Woody explained in a very clear tone of voice. Hearing those words, Barbie quivered lips before she started bawling her eyes out which made the other toys look at her startled. They all looked back at Woody and Hamm sarcastically commented " Quite the charmer, aren't ya?"

" Oh, you'll see. As soon as we get to daycare, you'll be begging to go home." Woody assured everyone before the car jolted as it hit a bump that was passed a sign that read " Sunnyside Daycare." Andy's mother got out of the car and grabbed the boxes before she carried them to the building.

From inside the box, Rex asked " Can anyone see anything?" Jessie gasped and said " There's a playground."

" Wow!" Buzz commented excitedly.

" We hit the jackpot, Bullseye!" Jessie told Bullseye while she dragged him towards the hole of the box.

" This playground looks amazing! Don't you agree, Jakey?" Delaney asked Jacob who then responded " I couldn't agree with you more, babe." Angel Cakes nodded in agreement.

" So much for sad and lonely, huh?" Hamm commented as he started to doubt what Woody said.

" Okay. Calm down, guys. Let's just keep this in perspective." Woody firmly told his friends but they didn't understand why he would say that but Sylvia did.

" Perspective?" Mr. Potato Head questioned before he commented " This place is perfect."

" Woody, it's nice. See? The door was a rainbow on it." Rex told the sheriff.

" I have to agree with Woody on this one. We don't know what's really behind those doors." Sylvia responded.

As soon as they got closer to the entrance, Andy's mom knocked on the door and the receptionist pushed a button to let her in.

" Hey there!" Mrs. Davis happily greeted the receptionist who happened to be named Mrs. Anderson.

" Wow! I haven't seen you in ages!" Mrs. Anderson responded excitedly.

" I just wanted to drop these old toys off." Mrs. Davis told the receptionist before she noticed the little girl and asked " Is this Bonnie?" She then complimented " Look how big you are!"

" Say hi, sweetie." Mrs. Anderson told her daughter and Bonnie said in a very shy voice " Hi." After that, the little girl hugged a toy monkey.

" Hey, how are your kids? Molly and Andy?" Mrs. Anderson questioned Mrs. Davis who then responded " Not kids anymore. Andy's going to college on Friday." Mrs. Anderson was surprised and asked " What?"

" Can you believe it?" Mrs. Davis agreed with Mrs. Anderson. Bonnie was going towards the donation box to look at the toys inside.

" Are you sure they won't miss these?" Mrs. Anderson asked Mrs. Davis who then responded " Nah, they never get played with." Hearing that, Bonnie stopped to look at her mom with a pouty look and angrily huffed.

Later, Mrs. Anderson carried the box with the toys inside through a corridor.

From inside the box, Mr. Potato Head asked " Do you see any kids?"

" Where is she taking us?" Rex asked excitedly.

Mrs. Anderson went inside the playroom, put the donation box on top of a counter and left. The toys looked around and Jessie whispered " Look!"

" Wow!" Mr. Potato Head exclaimed with amazement.

" What? What is it?" Rex questioned while dying to know what was happening. The toys looked inside the room to see kids happily playing with toys. Two little boys were playing with toy dinosaurs while a little girl was playing with a toy cat and a doll wearing a flower on it's head.

In an armchair, a girl was playing with a stuffed pink bear and hugged it while a boy played with a toy robot.

Inside the box, Rex was so impatient to the point he exclaimed " I can't see!"

A woman entered the room as the bell rang and she announced " Okay, everyone. Recess! Come on!"

The kids happily started cheering before they ran out of the room with the woman following them.