Chapter 5

Reluctantly hearing what his mother said, Andy closed his laptop and looked at his room for a little bit. He rolled over to his toy chest, opened it up and looked at his toys for a moment. Andy got out a trash bag and started to put the toys in. He then noticed Woody, Sylvia & Buzz as he was trying to choose which toy to take to college.

Jessie gasped as she & the other toys saw what was gonna happen next. After making his decision, Andy decided to take Woody to college and put Sylvia & Buzz in the trash bag which made the both of them gasp before Andy tied the bag shut. He then proceeded outside of the room with the toys in the trash bag which Woody witnessed.

Inside the trash bag, the toys began to panic with Rex worriedly asking " What's happening?"

" We're getting thrown out, you idiot! That's what's happening!" Mr. Potato Head responded angrily which made Sylvia reply " We don't know that."

From outside the trash bag, Woody ran towards the door only to watch Andy pull down the ladder to the attic door, much to Woody's relief.

All hope was lost for the toys because from outside the trash bag, Andy was about to climb up to the attic before he noticed his sister Molly exited her room and was struggling to carry the box of toys by herself.

" You need a hand?" Andy asked his sister before he climbed down.

" I got it." Molly panted before Andy put down the trash bag the toys were inside of and went over to his sister and carried the box of donated toys for her before they both headed downstairs chatting.

From inside the bag, the toys panicked but Sylvia was confused about the whole situation.

" I can't breathe!" Jessie panted with anxiety.

" This can't be happening!" Rex exclaimed with worry before Buzz spoke up " Quiet! What's that sound?"

Outside the trash bag, the attic ladder folded back up and pushed the bag back which sent the toys tumbling until they stopped. Inside the bag, Sylvia thought to herself " Was that the ladder to the attic door?"

Back outside the trash bag, Woody tried to sneak out of Andy's room to help his friends get out of the trash bag, but he had to duck out of sight when Ms. Davis walked through the hallway and accidentally tripped on the bag.

" Andy!" Ms. Davis called out to her son frustratingly before she sighed in annoyance then picked up the trash bag with the toys still inside and carried it downstairs with her.

Inside the bag, the toys were confused and obviously still shaken on what's happening right now. Sylvia knew this wasn't good because she could've sworn that Andy was gonna put her & the gang in the attic even though she was in the trash bag along with the other toys.

(Inside the house...)
After struggling to get Buster up from the floor, Woody eventually gave up and looked out the window to see Andy's mother put the trash bags on the curb next to the trash cans and he gasped when he saw the garbage truck.

Inside the trash bag, all the toys freaked out when they heard the garbage truck and Jessie panicked " We're on the curb!"

" You've got to be kidding me!" Jacob freaked out.

" Oh, I knew it would come to this!" Mr. Potato Head exclaimed in fear & frustration.

" Pull everyone! Pull!" Buzz commanded everyone and so the toys did what he said and started pulling.

The toys tried so hard to get out of the bag but it was no use and Rex exclaimed " It won't rip!"

" Oh forget it!  It's triple-ply, high-density polyethylene!" Hamm exclaimed.

" There's gotta be a way out!" Buzz tried to think of an idea.

" Oh, Andy doesn't want us! What's the point?!" Mr. Potato Head doubted as he was giving up hope. Those words gave Buzz an idea and he muttered " Point. Point." Before he exclaimed Point!" Buzz then looked at Rex's tail and he instructed everyone to go to Rex so that they can push their way out with Rex's tail. They began pushing Rex against the bag in an attempt to poke a hole in it and Buzz strained " Push! Push!"

" I can hear the garbage truck!" Rex panicked while the other toys kept pushing and then Rex panicked " It's getting closer!"

" We're almost there, Rex!" Sylvia strained before the bag ripped open just in time before the toys spotted the donation box outside and went to hide underneath it. While waiting for the garbage truck to go away, Sylvia thought " I don't understand it. Why did we get thrown on the curb? It couldn't have been Andy that threw us away, right? Then again, Woody must've seen what happened. Maybe he can tell us if he saw Andy trying to put us in the attic or the trash." She then snapped back in reality as she & the other toys heard the garbage truck drive far away.

" All right everyone, coast is clear. Let's go!" Buzz quietly told everyone and they walked into the garage with the box above them, unbeknownst to them that Woody noticed and he sighed with relief.