Where it all begins(Tom's back story)

⚠️WARNING ⚠️

••This chapter includes many scenes of sexual assault, physical and mental abuse, drug abuse, etc. If you don't think you can handle such exposures, please skip chapter.••

••Third person narrator••

The little child was seated in a corner as his tears were running down his cheeks, covering his ears trying to get rid of the painful sounds of his mom, her loud scream and cries.

Trying to distract himself, the little boy focused his attention on the sound of water drops falling from the leak of the walls and the raindrops crashing onto the broken window in his room. The room reeked of humidity and there was mold in all the corners of the house making every second even less tolerable.

But what made that house worse was his father who had made his family's life like a living nightmare by being addicted to the heavy drugs he does everyday, day and night. The drugs that took away his self-awareness and made him like an emotionless monster.

The monster that is always unaware of the life he held as a human and beats everyone around in that tiny house, he would take the little child's mother and drag her into the basement and keep her in there for hours without letting anyone else in, ever. The little child was the only witness to his mom's painful screams.

He could never claim an evil monster like him as his dad and all he could hope was that one day his dad would end up dying by overdose.

His mother would always sit beside him, patting his head with her lifeless hand and say, "Tom, we have nowhere to go, if we run away darling, we'll end up...dead." Her voice would crack, every time she had to repeat these words to her child and a few tears would fall onto the floor from her eyes.

The little kid  didn't want to believe that, he didn't want to lose hope like his mother did. He wanted to believe that if he stayed there a bit longer, her mother would eventually find a way out for them.

He would always say with tears in his eyes, "No mom, together we can run somewhere new, somewhere beyond the world, just me and you and Bill!"

He had a brother, a twin brother that was somewhere else, living with their single old grandmother that was initially reluctant to take in even one of the brothers while she was fully aware of what was happening in that tiny house, that tiny little hell.

And even if she would've taken both of the brothers in, one of them wouldn't go, he wanted to stay beside his mother, thinking that maybe one day her mother would be strong enough to take his tiny hands and run away. to go somewhere far away with his brother and live happily together.

But his mother knew she had no way out, she was just a hopeless woman, with no will to live. The country they were living in wasn't a good place for a woman like her, alone without any protection, no money and no job to find. She knew if she ran away she'd end up dead in the streets with her kids.

and now It was another night, repeating all over again like last night and the other nights. The horrified cries, the panics, the painful screams of his mother and the sounds of glasses shattering around and the haunting deep voice of his dad.

But the only difference was that the sounds were much louder and much more painful this night that he couldn't focus on anything else. He was still sobbing in the corner while the screams and cries were coming out of the basement. He never dared to step there, to see what was happening down there but tonight something got into him, a childish spark of bravery.