Stay with me

please play the provided song for a Better experience•

everything was dark, all i could hear was my own breathing and my heart pounding in my chest. i had no vision, no idea of where i was and what i was doing.

suddenly a voice echoed behind me, it was a soft laughter and yet it sounded so familiar. I swiftly turned back and finally something started to form before my eyes, a vision emerging from the shadows.

Everything slowly got into place and I could now see a vivid scene before my eyes. It was Tom's house, though it felt so... warm and cozy. Unlike its usual coldness, it didn't seem like a prison anymore. It felt just like a... home.

The laughter echoed again, the sound was coming from the kitchen. regardless, I started stepping forward, making my way down to the kitchen.

First, my gaze landed on him; Tom. He was standing next to the oven, a gentle smile on his lips. Was he... cooking?

Then, in an instant, my attention shifted to a girl who was seated on the counter beside him. I gasped as I realized that it was...me, I was looking at myself from the a distance.

I had the urge to move, to say something, but it felt like I was frozen in place, unable to budge.

"I want a special bread too," she giggled. It was me, my own voice. I could swear I heard her, heard myself.

"So, spaghetti with a special bread, huh? Any other orders?" Tom teased, a mock surprise in his expression as he arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and I want you after my meal," she replied playfully.

"But I want my desert before the meal, may I?" Tom asked, a playful grin forming on his lips as his hands gently held her waist, placing himself between her legs.

"Sorry no can do, I'm hungry," she laughed, her laughter light and free from any hidden pain, just pure joy which made my heart sank. We were finally...Having a good moment there...

"I can wait," Tom mumbled, his warm fingers tracing her cheek with love. I could sense it, his touch on my face. I was watching us from the distance.

He then leaned in, his warm lips gently meeting hers. In that moment, my voice broke through the surreal scene.

"Tom!" I managed to call out, the sound escaping my throat.

"Tom! I'm right here!" I exclaimed, my emotions welling up and causing tears to stream down my cheeks.

"TOM!" I cried out with all my might, his name a desperate plea. suddenly his lips left hers, and he swiftly turned his head, locking his gaze on mine.

I hurried towards him, my heart set on getting closer. But just as I was about to reach him, just as I was about to throw myself into his arms, the scene slipped away like a wisp of smoke. everything faded away as well as Tom, I was so close to reach him, to feel him but I was now surrounded in darkness again. And this time there was tears running down my face, I was overwhelmed by loneliness once again.

My eyes were closed and my hands pressed against my head as my sobs echoed in my ears. what was happening around me!?

"Lisa?" His voice cut through the turmoil, my heart plunging. I wanted to look, to see if he was really there, but the fear of him disappearing held me back.

"T-Tom?" my voice trembled.

"Open your eyes Lisa," He said, his voice was near and yet his voice sounded so weak, unlike his voice in the kitchen.