Chapter 23

Nina timed her 30 minute free time as she could outside. 30 minutes is not as bad as being outside for 5 or 10 minutes. "30 minutes is long enough to do research and make some phone calls," she thought to herself.

 She went outside at 12:30 pm to make a phone call and she decided to call her friend Stacy first.

                 "Hey girl, did you find out anything?" Stacy asked.

                 "Well... I did talk to Carson yesterday and asked him some questions about Emily. He said he called the police already and they are on the case," she apprised.

                  "Okay good," Stacy said.

                  "And since the police are already on it, I just need to find out about this Jenny girl," she said.

                  "Okay, yeah you do," Stacy said.

                  "Do you know what sources I can go about finding who she is?" She asked

                  "Well, I would ask some neighbors around there if they knew her or may have seen her around," Stacy.

                  "Okay," she said.

                  "But I would just keep doing my research. Start surfing the internet first," Stacy recommended.

                  "Okay girl, I'll do that, and keep you updated on whatever I find," she agreed.

                  "Thanks bestie," Stacy said.

                  "you're welcome girl, bye," she said, hanging up. Nina clicked on the Google icon and started searching the internet about Jenny. First, she typed up the Cecelia Horthway Motel and it showed no results. Then she typed The Cecelia Horthway mansion and found some results of her and this place. 

Cecelia Horthway was  born 

1861

DEATH

1912 (aged 30)

BURIAL

Seamans Cemetery

Savona, Steuben County, Los Angeles.

Jacob was right about her husband Robert Horthway and her daughter Cecelia Horthway died. She committed suicide after their death. She could not bear the pain of living alone. 

                      "God, that's sad," Nina said to herself. Nina also found out after Cecelia's death the mansion was left abandoned and reopened for sale in the 1960's. After learning that information she could not find anything else about the place or who bought and occupied it. Nina realized her time was up now, and it was 1:02pm. She headed back inside the mansion and wanted to revisit her outside session again today at 5:00 before supper.