Chapter 37

Nina woke up the next morning thinking about the conversation she and Jane had. She was glad to have someone to talk to besides Stacy. She really misses her friend so much. She can not wait to see the detectives again, but all she could do now is wait

  The detectives came to the mansion Saturday at 9:30 am. The guard let them in. "We need to speak to Nina Noon please," detective Sturgis said. "May I ask what for?" The guard asked. "It doesn't concern you pal, now can you please get her down here," detective Sturgis said. "Yes sir," he said, sauntering up the stairs. Nina came strolling down. "They said you needed to speak to me?" She asked. "Yes, outside," detective Sturgis pointed his finger at the door. Nina followed and went outside. "I'm not supposed to be out here detectives," Nina said. "When we are around you can, Carson would have to deal with us on that," detective Sturgis said. "I appreciate that detectives," Nina said, smiling. "We really didn't ask you any professional police questions last week. When was the last time you recall seeing Emily and what were she was doing?" Detective Sturgis asked. "Well... A month ago, she was playing a truth and dare game Carson had set up for her and her mate. That was the worst game for her. She hated that game," Nina informed them how Emily strolled off to her room and was not seen after that. "She just disappeared just like that?" Detective Sturgis asked. "Yeah... The guards found the room empty, and the closet was empty and the bed was made like she haven't been in it," she apprised. Both detectives glanced at each other in suspicion. "What do you both make out of it?" "It's quite uncanny she just vanished out of thin air just like that and the house was secured at the time," he said. "I know, right? That's what I've been saying from the beginning," Nina admitted. "I believe our manager has something to do with it," she said. "Why would you say that?" He asked. "Because he's been acting so strange ever since Emily first gone missing. You both knew he didn't report her. You know he is guilty some how," she said. The detectives looked at each other again in suspicion. "Yeah we said that. We are going to do more investigating and we will get back to you. I wish we could give you our card and let us know if you think of anything else call us, but he took that privellege away so you can't," he said. "If I see or hear anything strange, I will let you know when I seen you guys again," she said. "Good. Take care of yourself Nina," He said, turning around leaving. "Thank you, bye," she waved at them as she sauntered up the mansion's stairs.