Chapter 44

Nina went to bed that night feeling disheartened and realized she could not fall asleep. Suddenly Nina hears a knock on the door and leaped up to answer.

                    "Who is it?" She asked, but no one said a word. She opened the door and saw no one. She thought about Jenny.

                   "Jenny, is that you? Are you here with me?" She whispered to nothing and closes the door. She got back into her bed and pulled the covers up to her face, and suddenly again she heard another knock, and it was not coming from the bedroom door. It came from the bedroom walk-in closet. She vaulted out of her bed feeling petrified of the bizarre knock that came from the closet, which was unearthly. Her eyes sharpened and was too afraid to say anything this time. She took a deep breath to calm herself and swallowed.

                   "Who is that knocking in the closet?" She asked. No one said anything until 3 seconds and Jenny revealed her spirit to Nina.

                   "It's me... It's me, Jenny," the voice answered.

                   "God, you scared me half to death. Was that you knocking at this door too?" Nina asked.

                   "Yes, I was trying to reveal myself but you still couldn't see me," she said.

                   "Ohh," Nina said.

                   "I'm here to let you know everything is okay. I saw that the cops were looking around here," she said.

                   "Yeah they were, but they didn't find anything," Nina said.

                   "I know, that's why I'm here," she said.

                   "What do you mean?" Nina asked.

                   "I know where Emily is," she admitted.

                   "What? How?" Nina asked, and her eyes widened.

                   "The cops can't find her because she doesn't exist on this earth anymore," she apprised.

                   "What are you saying, Jenny? You are talking as if she has been abducted by some aliens," Nina said. 

                   "She's in my world now," she admitted. 

                   "Are you saying she's dead?" Nina asked.

                   "Get out of this house before it's too late," Jenny said, sauntering away and disappearing into the closet. Nina darted into the walk-in closet and saw nothing.