Chapter 47

The next morning Nina woke up and was certain she was going to leave the mansion for good. She had promised Jenny that last night, and she was sticking to her plan. Nina took a long fresh shower and put on her white summer dress and white sandals. She combed her hair and gathered all of her belongings from the closet and put all of her clothes, shoes, and jewelry in her black luggage. She took a deep breath before leaving the room knowing what she has to face when she walks down those long stairs. Also knowing that the people in the house were as much involved in Emily's death as the other people who left. Nina could not understand how anyone could sleep at all knowing that they had murdered someone. She did not understand that. Everyone has gotten their sleep but her. She rotated the door knob and strolled down the stairs. Everyone else was in the dining room eating their breakfast. They saw her coming down the stairs and gawked at her. Their expressions were different this time. 

                      "Where are you going Nina?" Adam asked her.

                      "I've decided I'm leaving here. My life is more important than some garbage TV show," she said.

                      "Really? We are going to miss you Nina," Jane said. Jane did not have that smile on her face that she usually sees.

                      "And knowing Emily is still missing out there, I can't stay here anymore. I have to move on," she said, getting near the door until Carson called out her name from the stairs.

                      "Change of heart Nina?"

                      "I'm afraid so. I can't be here anymore... I just can't,"

                      "You know it's strange how you all of a sudden just changed your mind after the detectives told us they were closing the case. Before you wanted to stay and help find Emily. It's very weird you are leaving now. Yp don't care about finding her anymore?" He asked, while everyone at the table gave Nina a foul look. Even Carson gave her a wicked look as well, and he made her heart pound, and her body started trembling at their gaze.

                       "I don't have to explain anything else to you. I'm leaving now," she said, turning towards the door and opening it.

                        "SHE KNOWS SOMETHING," Carson shouted, and pointed his finger at her. "TAKE HER DOWN INTO THE DUNGEON." Everyone at the table got up and marched to the door, and before they all could catch her Nina hurled her black luggage at them with great force and they all landed on the floor. Nina got away.