Chapter 38

The detectives showed up Monday morning around 10 am and asked to speak with Nina again. They conversed and asked questions outside again. 

               "Were you and Emily close?" Detective Petra asked.

               "No, but she went to our school, but we was not friends, I'm concerned about her. I have consciousness, you know," Nina responded.

               "Yes of course, we all do. Have you met or seen her parents before?" Detective Petra asked.

               "No. Never. Why are you asking me questions like I'm a suspect?" She asked, feeling uneasy.

               "Dear, you are not suspect, and never were in the first place. We are coming to you because we think you could help us in this case. We believe one hundred percent that something is eerie about this place. Me and Petra were talking earlier and thought you could make a great detective someday," detective Sturgis encouraged and complimented.

              "REALLY?" Nina shouted excitedly.

              "Sure," he said.

              "OMG, thanks detectives. I needed that compliment today," she said.

              "Yeah. Now we have spoken to Emily's parents and they are deeply upset their child is missing. I told them we are not stopping until we find her. We won't give up. We put an APB out and an Amber Alert in all the areas here, to have more support in this case..."

             "What's an APB?" She asked.

             "An APB stands for all-points bulletin. That means a broadcast alert from one police station to all others in an area, state, etc..."

             "Woow, okay. That sounds terrific detectives. We do need more help on this," she said.

             "Yes we do. You will be hearing from us in a few days. This will take some time, so please be patient with us," he said.

             "I totally understand detectives. Talk to you soon," she said, watching them both leave.