Chapter 43

The detectives spoke to Nina two days later.

                     "We are letting you know that our captain is putting a closing to this case," Sturgis apprised Nina.

                     "WHAT? You can't just close this case like that... A girl is out there still missing," she shouted.

                     "We know that, and we kept trying to convince our captain that she is. He commanded us to leave this case be. It is close for now," he said.

                     "Could you two do something about it on the side?" She asked.

                     "We could get fired like that Nina..."

                     "I thought you said you weren't giving up on Emily?" She asked.

                     "We are still not going to give up, but as of now, we must do what our boss commands us to do. I advise you to leave this place asap. This environment isn't good for any of you young kids out here. There is more to life than some fancy TV show garbage money," he advised her. Nina did not say anything but looked down with her arms crossed.

                    "We can't help you forever Nina. You have to help yourself by leaving this place. We don't want anything to happen to you and we can't find you," Petra encouraged her, and she did not say anything. 

                  "Take care of yourself, Nina," Petra said. They both walked off.

                  "Yeah. Bye detectives," she said, feeling sad.