Chapter 31

Sunday morning the doorbell ranged and one of the guards answered. "Hi, can I help you?"

                    "Hi, I'm detective Sturgis, and this is detective Petra," they both showed their police badges to the guard.

         Detective Sturgis  is 5'4. Medium built wearing a Columbo light brown trench coat. His hair was frizzy, wavy and slicked back. He looked between the ages 50-54. Detective Petra was a pretty detective wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans. Short hair brunette and petite. 

                    "We are here regarding Emily Emerson's disappearance," detective Sturgis apprised.

                    "Did Carson refer you guys?" The guard asked.

                    "Someone here did. Can we come in?" Detective Sturgis asked.

                    "Could you wait out here just a second, I'm going to get my manager Carson," the guard said.

                    "Well, we don't have a warrant to just bust in, so as you may. We will wait out here," detective Sturgis said, while the guard left the door ajar to go get Carson.  "This place gives me the jitters," detective Sturgis commented, and placed both of his hands into his pockets and started trembling slightly.

                     "I thought it was just me," detective Petra said, observing the outside of the mansion. Within 10 minutes the guard came back to the door along with Carson.

                     "Hello," Carson said.

                     "Hi, I'm detective Sturgis and this is my partner detective..." Getting cut off.

                     "I know who you guys are, and I assume you know who I am," Carson said.

                     "And how do we know that?" Detective Sturgis asked.

                     "Because I reported a missing person a few days ago to you guys," Carson informed.

                     "Not to us," detective Sturgis said.

                     "I did. I assume the 911 dispatcher gave you guys the info," Carson said.

                     "Oh we got the info, we just know it wasn't you who sent the info the dispatcher,"  detective Sturgis said.  

                     "What do you mean?" Carson asked.

                     "See Mr. Carson, we are smarter than we may look. Don't underestimate us, because we know things. I've been on the job for 20 years and I've worked with several psychologists. Don't think we don't know things but we know for a fact you didn't make that call. Someone else did, and we are going to interview every single person in this house, and we are going to find Emily Emerson. You can count on that," detective Sturgis took a step close to Carson.

                     "I appreciate your help detective. We need all the help we can get," Carson said, stepping away from him in guilt.

                     "We would like to come in and interview everyone," detective Sturgis said.

                     "Today is not a good day to do that. You can come back tomorrow. I don't want to worry the cast too much," Carson said.

                     "Okay, but don't leave town. Good day to you," detective Sturgis waved as he sauntered down the stairs. "Something is very strange about that Carson guys."

                     "I sensed that too," detective Petra said.

                     "I get an eerie vibe from him, and I don't like it. He thought we were just some dumb detectives, but we are going to find out what he's hiding," detective Sturgis said.