Chapter 41

Two days later, detective Sturgis and detective Petra arrived at the mansion early around 9:30 am to show Carson that warrant. At the door Carson gave the detectives a vile expression and examined the warrant quickly.

                  "Come in," he said, unpleasantly letting them inside the mansion.

                  "You can talk to Nina, but only in her room, outside privileges is still off limits,"

                  "We can go with that. But just to let you know, pretty soon we will come back with a search warrant as well," Sturgis gave Carson a serious straight face to assure him they were not playing any games. Carson did not say a word after that. He just looked at Sturgis. They ambled up the stairs to Nina's room and knocked on her door lightly. She opened the door.

                  "Hi detectives," she said, greeting.

                  "Hi Nina. How are you doing Nina?" Sturgis asked.

                  "Holding up, I guess. Carson and his fucking rules," she said, shaking her head and sat at the end of the bed.

                  "I understand. That man is a hard ball. We had to get a warrant just to come in and talk to you," he said, taking a seat in the brown wooden chair.

                  "Really? He was mad yesterday. He said I was no longer supposed to talk to you both anymore," she said.

                  "I know, that's why we got that warrant for his ass," he said.

                  "Great. So what's new?" She asked.

                  "Well, we have some bad news," Sturgis said.

                  "What is it?" Nina asked, with a concerned look.

                  "We found out some things that will shock you," he said.

                  "What is it?" She asked.

                  "Well... You remember we told you we put out an APB and an Amber Alert?" He asked.

                  "Yes," she said.

                  "Well, an APB is supposed to point us in the direction where the victim is located. It's like a pin point map that tells us where that person is heading or where," he apprised.

                  "Right," she said.

                  "It shows nothing," he said. Nina's eyes widened.

                  "It's like she doesn't exist anymore, or she's on another planet right now," he said.

                  "Oh trust me, she exists," she reassured them.

                  "We know she does. That's why we've spoken to her parents," Petra said.

                  "What's her story?" She asked.

                  "Not much. Popular. lives in a small town up North. Goes to school with you. You already know that. She has lots of pictures on social media. Well liked individual," he informed.

                 "Imm," she said.

                 "This whole case is eerie to us and to the whole police department," he said, shaking his head.

                 "Do you still believe Carson is behind this somehow?" She asked.

                 "We still do. That's why we told him we will be back the next time with a search warrant to search the ends and odds of this place," he said.

                 "God, I hope he doesn't have her captive somewhere or left for dead," she said.

                 "Hope not either. If he does, we will make sure his ass will be going to prison 25 years to life. He will be  already old and dead after 25 years though," he said. "That's all for today, we will be back here soon,"

                 "See you soon detectives," they leave the room.