Chapter 29

The next day Nina knocked on Carson's room door and he let her in. She confronted him about Emily. But this time she just pretended she did not know anything and to see if she could catch him in a lie.

           "So Carson, I just wanted to ask you, is there any updates on Emily yet?" She asked.

           "No there isn't. The cops are on it, don't worry," he claimed.

           "Okay, well rumor has it that someone said you never called them," she admitted.

           "What are you talking about?" He asked, with an appalling expression on his face.

           "Just a rumor," she said.

           "Wait... What did they say?" He asked.

           "Just that you never made that phone call to the police department, and that someone had done the job for you and called them themselves," she said.

           "WHAT? WHO SAID THAT?" He shouted with a rage look on his face.

           "I don't know any names. Just a rumor," she said.

           "I will find out who is saying that, and let me tell you something young lady," he ambled closer to her and got in her face. "You betta not be going on poking your nose somewhere doesn't belong. Ya hear me? Because I will find out." He said, looking very frightening.

           "Understand," she said, leaving the room immediately and going to her room. "Would he find out I am the one who is pulling all the strings to help find Emily? I hope he doesn't find out," She thought to herself. In the middle of the night, Nina went to go to the bathroom and she heard a knock on the door.

          "Who is? I'm in here," Nina yelled out.

          "It's me," someone outside the door said. 

          "It's me who?" Nina asked.

          "Jenny," the voice said.

          "Wait...Jenny?" Nina asked.

          "Yes," the voice said.

          "Hold on, I'm coming out," Nina said.

          "Noo. I can talk to you from there?" Jenny said.

          "Why?" Nina asked.

          "If you come out only you can see me at the moment. You don't want anyone seeing you talking to something that isn't there," Jenny said.

          "So you know that you are dead?" Nina asked, curiously.

          "Yes," Jenny said.

          "I found out things about you," Nina told her.

          "I know, I've been watching you," Jenny said.

          "You  have?" Nina asked, shockingly.

          "I know what is going on inside and outside this house," Jenny said.

          "Really?" Nina asked. 

          "I died in this house, as you already know about," Jenny said.

          "I know... How was it living here?" Nina asked.

          "It was great living here, until..." Jenny's response stopped.

          "Until what?" Nina asked.

          "I can't say no more, all I can say is get out before it's too late," Jenny said. Nina hurried and opened the door and saw no one in the long dark hallway.