Chapter 27

The next day at 12:00 noon, Nina called Stacy and told her all about the accurate information she found out about Jenny Morrison. 

               "So basically what that old lady told you the other day was all lies?" Stacy asked.

               "Yes and no. The only thing the lady said was true was her full name and that she died in the 60's, her age, and that she and her parents lived here in the mansion," Nina informed her friend.

               "Do you think she's hiding something else?" Stacy asked.

               "No... I doubt that... I believe she may have got her info from someone else and you know how that goes? Rumors," Nina said.

               "Yeah I agree. You can't just go by what you hear all the time," Stacy said.

               "Yep," Nina said.

               "Oh, did you also tell them you were looking for Emily?" She asked.

               "Oh snap! I forgot. God, all I said to them is that someone else reported a missing person and then that's when I asked them about Jenny?" Nina asked.

               "No worries bestie. Just call them back later and ask them what are the updates on Emily's whereabouts?" Stacy advised.

              "That's a good way of putting it Stace. I'll call them right now and I'll call you right back,"  Nina complimented.

              "Okay girl, talk back with you soon," Stacy said.

              "Okay, bye," Nina said, hanging up. Nina called the police department again and they immediately answered.

              "California Police Department, how may I help you?" Someone picked up.

              "Hello, I'm calling about a missing person," Nina said.

              "Are you reporting a missing person?" A male voice asked.

              "Uuh... Well I believe someone else called you and reported them, I'm just making sure for confirmation if they have filed a report," Nina said.

              "Do you know the person's name who called it in?" He asked.

              "Carson McDaniel," she informed.

              "And who has he reported missing?" He asked.

              "Emily Emerson," Nina said.

              "Are you related to this missing person?" He asked.

              "No, she is a friend. Long story short, Carson may have told you all that 18  senior high school students are  doing a TV show vacation at the Cecelia Harthoaway's mansion and one of the members has gone missing. The guards searched the whole entire mansion and could not find Emily. Carson told me he reported it to you guys some days ago, I'm just calling to see if he really has reported it because I have some suspicions of him of him and Emily is my friend and I need to know updates on her whereabouts because it seems like everyone else in the mansion doesn't care if she's missing. I've been the only one who has been extremely concerned for my friend. I need to find her," she apprised.

               "I'm terribly sorry you are going through that ma'am and I am sorry that your friend has gone missing. i will do my very best to help you find your friend," he said, caring and reassuring.

              "I really appreciate that sir," she said.

              "Now you mentioned his name is Carson McDaniel and the missing individual's name is Emily Emerson?" He asked.

              "Correct," She said.

              "Okay, give me 5 to 10 minutes to place you on hold to check to see has anyone by that name been reported by Carson McDaniel," he said.

              "Okay, thank you, I will wait," she said. She waited more than 10 minutes and he returned.

              "Okay ma'am, you said Carson McDaniel reported Emily missing a few days ago?" He asked.

              "Yes," she said.

              "Okay, I spoke with the 911 dispatcher and couldn't find anyone b...