Chapter 26

When 4:00 pm came, Nina strolled outside again to call the police department.

                               "Los Angeles police department, may I help you?" The man on the phone asked.

                               "Hello, I'm trying to locate a missing person's case?" Nina asked.

                               "Are you trying to report a missing person?" he asked.

                               "Well... Yes and no," Nina said.

                               "Can you elaborate on yes and no miss?" he asked.

                               "Well... Someone is missing but someone already called you guys to report that person," Nina said.

                               "Then why are you calling miss?" he asked.

                               "Well, I'm trying to find out about a person that... Well this person isn't missing. She is a deceased individual that died in a crash in the 1960's..." Nina gets cut off.

                              "Your describing death records. You would have to contact the California Death Records Department. I'll give you their contact information, just a minute," he informed. The man gave her the information and they both ended the call. Stacy then dialed California Death Records Service, and the operator came through. 

                              "God I hate operators... Just get to a direct live agent will you?" Finally the operator transferred her to a live agent.

                              "California Death Records Service, how are you doing today?" A male voice answered.

                              "I'm doing terrific, and you?" Nina asked, greeting.

                              "That's great, and I am doing good myself, thanks for asking, now how may I assist you today?" He asked.

                              "I am trying to find out about a deceased neighbor that died in the 60s. Her name was Jenny Morrison," Nina apprised.

                             "Okay I would need the state and city she is from?"  He asked.

                             "Los Angeles, California," she informed him.

                             "Okay. Thank you for that. What is her date of birth?" He asked.

                             "Oh God, I don't know her date of birth. Is that a must?" She asked, slightly panicking. 

                             "Yes, but I can just pull up her name, and narrow it down to all the Jenny Morrison's who lived in Los Angeles California. You are good ma'am," he reassured. "Now you mentioned that you need to find out about Jenny Morrison?" 

                             "Yes, but only regarding how she died?" She asked.

                             "Okay. Just give me 5 minutes to get the information," He said, placing her on hold.

                             "Okay, thanks," she said. She waited for 5 minutes and he came back to the phone.

                             "Okay, so here are some results. I found only one Jenny Morrison born in Los Angeles, California. Born April 5, 1945. She died in 1968 at the age of 17 from a hit and run accident," he informed.

                             "It doesn't say she died from a car crash with her parents?" She asked, suspiciously.

                             "No, just a hit and run," he said.

                             "Hit and run, where?" She asked.

                             "By the Cecelia Horthoway Mansion," he informed.

                             "OMG. It doesn't say anything about how her parents died?" She asked.

                             "Okay give me a second," he said, placing her on another brief hold.

                             "Okay," she said.

                             "Okay now the results I've found about her parents is that they got sick and died in the mansion long after their daughter died," he apprised.

                             "OMG. So the parents weren't in a car crash," she said to herself thoughtfully.

                             "No ma'am," he said, responding to her remark.

                             "Someone told me they all died from a car crash," she said.

                             "You can't go by rumors ma'am. Always do your research or call us again regarding old death records," he advised.

                            "Ha, thanks sir. I appreciate your help. Bye," she said.

                            "You're welcome, you have a great day," he said, then Nina hung up after. 

                            "That explains a lot now of why we kept seeing Jenny's spirit around the mansion. I would call Stacy back but don't have much time now," she said, getting up from the bench and heads back into the mansion.