Transformation

(RECAP)...

His mother cupped his chin. "We think you will love her, sweetheart."

Minho grabbed his mother's hand as a sign to let him meet her.

King Chan waved his hand to the guard and out came his betrothed
______________________________________________

"Son, meet Bella, the princess of the human kingdom, and your fiancee."

A beautiful girl came out with a long silver gown and did a courtesy. They had both felt awkward meeting each other, but at least Bella had fallen for him at first sight. Minho had zero attraction towards her. Her scent was highly disturbing since she was a human, and to him the worst of it is that his betrothed isn't even a wolf.

"It's nice to meet you, your highness." Bella said. Minho didn't say anything and did a small bow with his head.

"Your marriage date is set for three months from now. You should take that time to get to know each other." His mother had said looking at both of them.

--

Minho zoned out while his parents were talking to Bella. He felt sick to his stomach and couldn't wait to leave the room so he could run through the forest to calm him nerves. After a while Minho was allowed to leave since Bella was escorted out of the room. As Minho was walking away, the sound of his mother's voice stopped him.

"Minho, wait.."

He turned around and faced his mother. "I know you feel nervous now, but with time you will grow on each other, just like me and your father."

Minho nodded in return and plastered a fake smile on his face to give his mother some peace in mind. His mother knew that he only smiled on special occasions, so she was happy that he was smiling right now.

Minho walked out of the throne room and picked up his walking pace. He couldn't wait to transform and run all his cares away.

As soon as he made it outside a cold breeze hit his face. The only thing better than it being night is it being a cold one.

He headed behind the walls of the palace where the forest entrance was and he stood in front of it. He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He loved the smell of nature and hearing all the sounds that were in it. Then..he started running, faster and faster he went.

Then it happened, the transformation.

Minho transformed into a large wolf, his fur was golden, it was hard to miss since he's the only wolf with golden fur because he's the prince.

Minho's paws planted deep in the dirt every time he jumped over something causing deep paw prints to be left behind. The moon gleamed on his sparkly gold eyes, and the wind brushed one of his tears away..

He wished that his eye color stayed the same when he wasn't a full wolf. When he was in human form his eyes were dark brown. No wolf's eye color stays the same between the two forms. You have one color when you're a wolf and another color when you're human. That's it.

Minho ran for hours and he couldn't seem to stop.

'The rest of my life.'. He thought.
'I will pretend to love a stranger for the rest of my life. Will I ever find the one I truly love?'

Just then he heard voices and he realized that he not only ran around the whole forest but he also ended up at the kingdom's village..