The confrontation.

"But he...he said it was a mistake."

She sighed, "I know you wouldn't get in the way of his life to the throne..to the people. But his marriage will unite enemies together to start to build a better world.."

Jisung nodded reluctantly, he felt a dagger stab his heart. "I would never..get in the way of that, besides..he obviously regrets what happened between the two of us, he used me.."

She was silent.

"You don't have to worry about me..I'll be gone by nightfall.."

"No, you won't." A sudden voice echoed.

___________________________

Minho had appeared at the door after he heard his mother's voice. He had a stern look on his face, like he was angry at his mom. He walked over to the both of them.

"He's not going anywhere, mother."

"And who are you to decide that for me?" Jisung said with genuine curiosity.

Minho looked at Jisung and felt his expression softened before looking back at his mom.

"Please give me and Jisung a moment alone."

His mother sighed, "son, you know if I do that you two will just grow closer and it will ruin what we have planned for-"

"I asked for a moment alone, what Jisung and I need to talk about it none of your business and I would appreciate it if you would LEAVE."

His tone almost sounded threatening. But his mother sighed once again and left leaving him and Jisung alone.

But Jisung was having none of it, he was filled with emotion. He tried to walk away but Minho caught his arm in a tight grip.

Jisung's heart was racing as he tried to break free from Minho's grip. He was angry, hurt, and confused, and felt like he needed to get away from the palace and from Minho as soon as possible. "Let go of me!" he yelled, his voice trembling with emotion.

Minho's grip tightened around his arm, and Jisung felt a flicker of fear, realizing that he might not be able to escape. "I can't let you go," Minho said, his tone steady but firm.

"Why not?" Jisung shouted, trying to wriggle free. "What right do you have to keep me here against my will?"

Minho's expression softened, and Jisung caught a glimpse of hurt in his eyes. "Jisung, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. It was a mistake to kiss you, and I should have known better."

"A mistake?" Jisung repeated, his anger boiling over. "You kissed me, Minho! How could you just kiss someone like that and then expect me to forget about it?"

Minho lowered his head, not meeting Jisung's gaze. "I don't know," he admitted. "I know my feelings but I also know I have never been able to express them. And when I did I hurt you in the process."

Jisung's anger began to fade as he saw the sincerity in Minho's words. But he still felt a need to express his feelings. "And now you want to keep me here, like some kind of possession? Like I don't have any free will of my own?"

Minho took a deep breath, trying to gather his thoughts. "That's not how I see it," he said softly. "I know you have free will, and I respect that. I just want you to stay because I don't want to lose you."

Jisung looked at Minho, feeling conflicted. He understood where Minho was coming from, but he also needed space to figure out his own feelings. "Minho, I like you," he said, his voice softening. "But I don't know how I can just forget about this, especially when I really, really wanted that to happen.."

Jisung looked at him with sadness in his eyes. "I thought you wanted me," he said softly.

Minho let go of Jisung's arm, but didn't take a step back. "I do want you," he said, "more than anything. But I..I've never been more conflicted in my life."

There was a long moment of silence as Jisung processed what had been said.

"And it's because of that, that I have to leave. I'm not trying to make you choose sides, Minho. I just want you to do what's best for you, and obviously, all I'm ever going to do is make your life difficult."

"That's not true." Minho said, his tone confident and sure. "Ever since you have been here I've literally been happier. You have actually made me smile, Jisung. Do you know how hard it is to get me to smile for real instead of pretending? You did that, not anyone else."

Jisung breathed slowly, his chest heaves up and down. "Even if so, you have a duty to your kingdom."

"I have a duty to you too. You know what, screw the mistake thing. I kissed you because I truly couldn't help myself, not just because you were in front of me and you were near, but because I really do like you, I like you so much that I'm debating what comes first as my priority, you or my kingdom. And knowing that I've been loyal to my kingdom my whole life, do you know how special you have to be to make me question that loyalty in a matter of weeks?"