The resign tale.

(RECAP)...

In response, Jisung leaned forward and kissed Minho back, this time with more passion than before. He wrapped his arms around Minho's neck and pulled him closer to him, the two of them becoming entangled together in a passionate embrace. Jisung loved the way Minho tasted, the warmth of his breath against his lips. It was almost as if they were one being in that moment, joined not just by their souls but by their very breath.

Jisung pulled back, he felt like he could cry. "What are you going to do when your parents object."

Minho smiled and rubbed his thumb gently across Jisung's cheek. "you'll see..let's go?"

Jisung nodded and they started to make their way to the throne room.

__________(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤___________

After what felt like an eternity, the large marble doors to the throne room opened slowly with a loud creak. Jisung and Minho entered, their hearts pounding in their chests with each step they took. They were on their way to face Minho's parents, who would no doubt object to their relationship. Minho led the way, squeezing Jisung's hand in his and offering him a small smile. Jisung squeezed back, trying to remain calm in the face of the impending conflict.

As they neared the throne, the two guards who stood watch raised their spears in salute. Minho nodded in reply, his heart racing faster with every step but he remained calm and focused. Jisung was beginning to feel nervous, his nerves were tight like a wound spring. Minho led the way to the throne, where King Chan and Queen Yuna sat.

The queen stood up. "Son, I want you to think carefully about whatever you have chosen.." she spoke like she already knew Minho's decision.

"I have, mother..and you know what I want and what I don't."

She sighed, looking back at my father who expected her to solve this issue. "Minho, you know this can't happen."

The king's gaze was fixed on his son. "Son, we have discussed this many times. An arranged marriage is needed to ensure peace and unity between our nations. You know this is your duty."

Queen Yuna also looked to her son. "Son, you know I don't wish this on you but it is your responsibility, to our kingdom, to our people, to our allies. We both know that you must marry someone from the allied kingdom."

Minho seemed undaunted by his parents. "I understand you have your duty as the ruling monarch, mother but that doesn't change how I feel. As your son I have to make my choice and I choose Jisung, I always will."

Jisung felt his heart being tugged, he never thought Minho would say something like that.

The king's face remained stoic, his eyes narrowed. "Son, you know you are putting a strain on our relationship and our kingdom with this. You know the consequences." he said, his words carrying a warning.

The queen looked at her son, with more tenderness than before. "Son, please, think again. You are making a very drastic decision. I know that Jisung is important to you but he is not worth the pain this will bring. Please think again."

Minho's face was firm, he knew that there was no going back at this point. "I'm sorry mother, I know that this is hard for you too but my decision is made. I refuse to live a life with a person I don't love, I cannot pretend."

"I'm sorry, Minho. You know all I want is for you to be happy, and you can find happiness anywhere in anyone, like me and your father."

"I'm not you!" He shouted. "I do not care what you think will happen, I don't care what you think will make me happy, because the truth is only I know how to make myself happy. I don't think."

King Chan finally stood up from his throne. "I've had enough of this! Minho, you will marry the human princess and you will be content with that decision because you are the prince!"

Minho scoffed, feeling no remorse of what he was about to do. " Fine then.I abdicate my throne and relinquish my title, thereby renouncing all my rights and privileges"

Jisung felt his stomach drop as his face turned pale, he looked at Minho.

The king and queen widened there eyes. "What did you just say?" His mother asked.

"Did you not understand the first time? Here are other sayings.
I renounce my title and rights as prince and surrender all my royal privileges.
I abdicate the throne and forfeit the princely title and the duties that come with it.
Withdrawing the title of prince and relinquishing all the rights and privileges associated with it, I hereby voluntarily surrender the throne."