❀twenty

The rain trickled down the windows as I sat inside the class on my seat listening to Noah teach us calculas, I sigh looking out the window into the fields

Rain....

I hated it more than anything, it was raining on my dad's death anniversary date.

I remember crying against his grave for hours after they finished burying him, everyone else left. It was just me, my mother was not there, my brother was not there either.

I was twelve, I had to grieve alone without anyone to turn to. I had to learn how to fend for myself and learn the ways of the world.

In days like this, I preferred to be left alone, I didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Gabs"

Someone calls out, I know who that is, what was he even doing here... isn't his class 4-1? I don't look at him, I pull my jacket closer to my body trying to get it's warmth.

"Gabriela" he calls out again, kicking my chair "look at me Miss popular" why does he even call me that? It's getting irritating.

"Turn around" he forces my head to turn to look at him, I groan "the hell do you want?" I ask him angrily "now now, don't act up"

He laughs, the whole class is quiet by now everyone is watching him do his shitty skits, every class has that unfunny class clown, ours was him Jonny.

"Fuck off" I casually tell him sighing on annoyance, if I don't hit him I don't know what I'll do "hey, just because you don't have parents doesn't mean you should lack in manners right?"

"FUCK"

Someone hisses across the room as some students laugh I look at him in horror, how dare he say that to me "what, are you mad-" he ask putting his hands in his pockets "-we all know your mom left your dad for another man"

He starts to laugh again , i stand up fisting my hands in anger, I'm going to fucking kill him.

Calm down gabs you'll get expelled.

I didn't want to listen to my conscious but it was right, if I get expelled then my life might as well as be over, besides Jonny was the son of some powerful politician.

The situation is not in my favor.

I grab my phone as the bell rings for break, I fake a smile to him trying to hide my tears before walking off from my class going to the lockers.

I walk to my locker opening it, I take out a tissue to wipe my tear "hello rossa" oh great he just had to come now, I wipe my nose "hi".

"Are...are you crying?" He asks me trying to peek at my face, I shake my head as no but he's not satisfied "who upset you?" I close my locker putting the tissue in the dustbin near me "no one" this is non of my business.

He doesn't say anything after instead he turns around his eyes scanning the hallways looking for any possible clue for to why I was crying.

Jonny walks into the hallway laughing with his friends, he stops on his tracks as he sees me "you crying like a little weasel still?" He asks laughing trying to get his friends to join him but they're all silent.

My eyes turn to Ethan, he approaches Jonny without any questions he grabs his shirt by the collar throwing him to the lockers like some sort of doll. My hands fly to my mouth...that might get him into trouble.

"So you're the funny kid huh!" He asks crouching down to Jonny's level. Jonny didn't say anything he knew he was disciplinary fucked after this besides Ethan was a person his own size.

"Go on -" Ethan spat "- you're fucking funny right, go ahead and make me laugh" I didn't dare go next to them as stupid as it may sound I wanted Ethan to smash Jonny's head with a chair if possible.

Jonny stared at him with a pale face not knowing what to say, I've never seen Ethan like this then again that boy is two faced so it's not surprising.

"I thought so" he says turning to face me "make my lady cry again and see how easily you get expelled from here"  he threatens, wow he's taking this fake boyfriend thing way too seriously. I mean it's a win win for me.

"When you annoy someone you ask for forgiveness right?" He asks looking at Jonny, he nods furiously "now crawl to her and beg for her forgiveness"

My mind went blank, what is he doing, oh my god he's attracting so much attention, forget that he's destroying his good boy image Infront of everyone right now.

Jonny reluctantly starts to crawl making everyone look at me in disbelief, they start to whisper to each other, Jonny kneels Infront of me "I'm sorry for acting like a fool" I nod my head accepting whatever that was.

Ethan comes to stand next to me, he takes my hand on his smiling "let's go?" I agree and he drags me out from the hallway to the cafeteria for break.