❀twenty seven

It was a fine day after school, I was so excited for today because Vinera had called and told me that I should go to one of their stores Vinera jewelry and choose a necklace I'd want to wear for the upcoming gala

I decided to go with my school uniform after cheerleading practice. I walk into one of the stores and was greeted so nicely by the sales lady who led me to the exclusive jewelry selection area.

I couldn't be more happy.

She brought me red wine and a hot towel "can I look around on my own?" I ask the nice sales lady who I later found out that her name was Anna and she agrees.

After about half an hour I find the necklace I like, I call Anna and tell her of my decision, she smiles at me taking it away.

I go back to grab my school bag when I meet with Mrs Ade, Rachel's mother.

She has never liked me to begin with, saying stuff like I was too poor to hang out with Rachel or that poor kids have bad habits (stealing)

She sees me and fakes a smile as per usual "oh if it isn't little Gabby" I smile at her "hello Mrs Ade" she ignores my greetings and start to look at the jeweleries near me "can you even afford things from here?"

"No, the company Im an ambassador for told me to come get something from here" she nods her head "still with that influencing job of yours?" I nod my head as yes making her chuckle.

How absurd.

Just then Anna approaches us slightly bothered as the alarms Start to go off "what's going on?" I ask her, she sighs putting her uniform together "our most expensive jewel piece is missing"

Mrs Ade immediately turns to me "I knew it, you are still a little thief" Im flabbergasted by her words.

People start to pick up on the situation and turn to us, watching the show phones in their hands.

Crap!

"What are you talking about, I didn't steal anything" I hold my bag tighter "oh really, wasn't it you who stole Rachel's doll when you were young?" I furrow my eyebrows looking at Rachel.

What's her mom talking about, Rachel gave me that doll as a present "I didn't steal it, right Ray?" She looks away from me, which is very odd.

I don't mind that right now, I'm more stricken by the missing jewelry piece "search her, she has it" Mrs Ade says to the guards in the store.

"No .....I didn't steal anything" I try to say  "ma'am we need to check your bags" I shake my head no, they can't possibly think I'm a thief right?

"Ma'am, we need to......."

"She said no, what the fuck don't you understand?" a male voice huskily asks before the owner wraps their arm around my shoulder.

Brian.

"When a woman says no, she means no" he holds the bodyguard's hand before twisting it "didn't your mother teach you manners?"

He looks at me and winks "as for you" he says pointing at Mrs Ade "why are you so quick to judge that my sister in law, stole that damn necklace?"

She's at loss of words, tightening her bag on her shoulder she says "because it's her behavior, old habits die hard"

Brian chuckles "so should we consider that you're still a child abuser?" Her gaze is on him in a second, looks like he hit a nerve.

"Here" he tosses Anna the necklace "I was trying it out" he tells her "y'all are worried over something so cheap".

"Sir, this is a $2 million necklace" Anna informs him as he smiles "well then" he takes out his centurion card handing it to her "give it to me".

I don't say anything I just look as the situation unravels before me, Mrs Ade is beyond livid at what had just happened, did she want to frame me for stealing?

And ray.....why didn't she stick up for me?

"Here" he hands me a paper bag, that has a box on the inside "give this to that Maddy girl and tell her I..... nevermind" he groans.

Does he like Madison, I mean this necklace is very expensive. Do they have that much money to be using it like that?

And what's with the centurion cards, oh god they're just showing off at this point.

"Oh before I forget" he's at the door of the store, everyone stops and looks at him. He smiles but this is not a normal smile. It's so fucking creepy.

"If I find any kind of thing on the internet about what happened today in this store, best believe that I will bury you alive"

He opens the door walking outside, leaving all of us....in a trance.

in a trance